xrgb2+ wavyness

Started by skforty, August 30, 2009, 08:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skforty

I have several xrgb2+s and all of them work well except one.  When i first connected it , the top half of the screen was flickering and shimmering on the right.  Like the whole part of the screen was moving out of alignment with the rest of the screen.  Also the image is super wavy.  Just bringing up the OSD is a wavy mess.  I opened it up and adjusted a pot near the scart input, it made the top half of the screen align properly, but the wavyness is still there big time.  The wavyness is there even if i have nothing connected, just hooking up the unit to the TV and bringing up the display is wavy, on any input.  And the wavyness isnt there on my other xrgb+s.  Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?  I wondered if replacing all the caps would help?  Looks like there is 53 of them and 9 different types, so that wouldnt be fun, but its worth a try?  I ask that, because the image looks the same on my arcades when they need new caps, but it may not have anything to do with that, i dont know.  Power supply maybe?  Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

lmn4096

Hi there, did you find a solution?

Did you try using diferrent AC adaptor?

I have the same problem.
when I plug the xrgb2+ on a CRT computer screen, it work flowlessly, but if I connect it to a LCD screen or my LCD TV with the VGA plug, the picture is wavy. ???

BTW I found this video that show the same waviness, but the guy found a way and he use an xrgb3 :(
XRGB-3 with switch to turn on/off the LM1881 signal when feeding a CPS-2 RGB signal
XRGB-3 with LM1881 using Pocket Fighter CPS-2

lmn4096

Sorry for the double post.

I find IT!
From this post: someone who had a similar problem and he said he changed the power supply of the xrgb2+ to a more power full one.
http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=2460.0

the wavy disappear, not perfect but the picture is much better. after tweaking the potentiometer inside the xrgb2 and the settings I finally have a decent picture.
There is some little vertical flicker if I'm looking at a still picture, or in game scores. the numbers move a little bit, but it's really nothing compared with before.  :D