saturn rgb and wires

Started by Cruo, February 20, 2006, 12:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruo

I have cut open the saturn (scart) cable but the glue/silicone obscures which wire connects to which pin.

I don't want to make any assumptions so I am asking anyone who has had experience to help me figure out which wire carries which signal without messing up the silicone, as it holds the connector in place.

black: sync?
red: red signal? or audio?
blue: blue signal?
green: green signal?
purple: ???
white: audio?
yellow: composite video?
brown: ???

kendrick

It's worth mentioning again... With any multiple-conductor wiring, the color of each individual wire does not necessarily correspond to any documented, standardized function. Put another way, the yellow wire in one RGB lead isn't the same as the yellow wire in another lead. You can't trust that any manufacturer will consistently use the same wires the same way, and so none of us can tell you which color provides which signal.

Your best bet is to use a multimeter, logic probe or other tool that will provide a continuity test. Attach one side to a wire, and then use the other side to determine which pin the wire is connected to (using the SCART or Saturn pinouts as a reference.) It's a pain, but it's the only reliable way to know which wire goes where.

-KKC, watching Lawrence's semi-annual temper explosion. Now that's entertainment. :)