SH-6BE-4M Memory Expansion Issue

Started by swisstoni, May 11, 2014, 12:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swisstoni

I recently purchased a SH-6BE-4M memory expansion card for my Compact XVI, the card is inserted into the rear IO slot 1. Ive updated switch to note the new memory is now 6144kb and set the memory dips on the card to the 6mb settings of 1-Off 2-On 3-Off 4-Off as stated on the WIKI but as you can see in the picture below the new memory isn't recognised at all and games over 4mb refuse to boot, any suggestions on what else I could try?

swisstoni

DIP Settings

caius

Hi, you have to configure all dipswitches to OFF position (2MB), dipswitches are  for telling the embedded memory decoder when it should start using its rams banks, not how many it have.Obviously you have to set the swtch.x to 6144KBytes.Let us know if you solve in this way.

RetroRepair

Try setting the RAM in switch then once saved and quit, hit reset. Sounds odd but it worked for me!

swisstoni

Many thanks for the replies, as caius suggested I switched the dipswitches all to the off position and its now working, fantastic really happy its working :)

Quote from: caius on May 11, 2014, 12:38:03 AM
Hi, you have to configure all dipswitches to OFF position (2MB), dipswitches are  for telling the embedded memory decoder when it should start using its rams banks, not how many it have.Obviously you have to set the swtch.x to 6144KBytes.Let us know if you solve in this way.

caius