Main Menu

X68000 banzai!

Started by kamiboy, March 03, 2014, 06:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamiboy

gabby32

Appeared x68000 emulator for Wii ;)

gypsie

?? I don't understand the topic   ??? ???

kamiboy

I bought an original X68000 monitor is what the topic is all about. Got tired of all games not displaying properly no matter what CRT I hooked up to my Compact. It bears mentioning that such a beast is hard to come by unless you are located in Japan, which I unfortunately am not.

And why does everyone comment on the Wii? Those systems are brothers from other mothers.

gypsie

It's a beautiful monitor but too small for me. ;D

Neshek

So i guess shipping was more expensive than the monitor itself? ;)

kamiboy

If I remember correctly shipping set me back less than I thought, but more than I hoped. I shipped it via the slowest, cheapest option, which is to say by boat and it took two months and change to get to me.

I had heard stories of people having bad luck with shipping CRT's from Japan, what with them appearing in considerable more pieces than they shipped with. Alas I decided to take the gamble and it seems lady luck decided to lift the old skirt for me on this occasion.

Of course, lady luck, that whimsical harlot, is a harsh mistress so I had to pay a somewhat lavish import duty and the monitor seems to be in bad need of a capacitor refresh, but it got here in one piece at least.