Famicom Disk system ERR.21/ERR.22 Help?

Started by phreak97, October 21, 2009, 10:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

Ok, I got a famicom bundle off ebay, "tested and working!"
so the disk system belt was snapped on arrival, but I half expected that and had ordered a belt at the same time as I won the auction, so I whacked that in there and plugged it all back up, disk spins, but all I get are error messages for whatever games I put in, seems to randomly pick between 21 and 22.

what can I try?

NeWmAn

Quote from: phreak97 on October 21, 2009, 10:47:42 PM
what can I try?
The search function  ::) 
http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=1711.0

Anyway you'll need to align the spindle as explained in the Jfgoods guide. If it still doesn't work, and you are sure that your disks are good, then you may try to tweak the trimmer that changes the rotation speed.

BTW the original belts can be replaced by those used on Sinclair spectrum/Amstrad CPC/PCW 3" drives. The belts are a 100% match and cost a fraction of the Japanese imports.

phreak97

ah lol.
well.. I've tried adjusting the disk speed and the head position, but no luck.
the head moves half way, stops for a fraction of a second, then moves to the outside, then moves back to the inside over a couple of seconds or so, then starts over.. does that about twice before showing an error. is that the movement I should expect?

phreak97

ok, I think my spindle alignment is wrong, how do I set it? none of the guides online give me anything except a 404 slap in the face.

phreak97

I actually got it running last night but I'm not confident about it's reliability, I may have another go using this guide.
bloody 7 hours of fiddling, 4 hours before I got a game to boot once.

l_oliveira

Can you borrow an O-Scope ? with such tool you should be able to make a very good adjustment on the heads and drive speed.

phreak97

yeah i sure can, where do i measure and what am i looking for?