SONY PVM 2530 Monitors For Sale in Excellent Condition

Started by motherloadusa, March 25, 2010, 03:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motherloadusa

Hello
Im new to the forum and came across the site through a Google search for the SONY PVM 2530 monitors.  Im in pro audio sales and I recently  picked up 2 of these monitors from a studio closeout.  Just wanted to post them for sale here as I see there seems to me  an interest in these monitors on this site.  I can be contacted at sales@motherloadusa.com if anyone is interested in purchasing one or both.  Im offering them at 300.00 each or 500.00 for both plus shipping from NY 14424. Any feedback, input or advice on these monitors and how/where I might have some luck moving them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ri.

RGB32E

Quote from: motherloadusa on March 25, 2010, 03:26:00 PM
Hello
Im new to the forum and came across the site through a Google search for the SONY PVM 2530 monitors.  Im in pro audio sales and I recently  picked up 2 of these monitors from a studio closeout.  Just wanted to post them for sale here as I see there seems to me  an interest in these monitors on this site.  I can be contacted at sales@motherloadusa.com if anyone is interested in purchasing one or both.  Im offering them at 300.00 each or 500.00 for both plus shipping from NY 14424. Any feedback, input or advice on these monitors and how/where I might have some luck moving them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ri.

In general, the interest in PVM monitors is their sub-$100 price, and RGB (CMPTR) input for old school video games.  I purchased my PVM-2030 virtually brand new for $400 back in 1999, and a used PVM-2530 several years back for $50.   :-\

motherloadusa

Thanks for the reply and the info.  :) Just curious, what is so special about the RGB input for video games and which video game consoles have the RGB port? Are they the computer consoles that  didnt hook up to a television? Is that why these appeal to old school gamers?
Ive always wanted to pick up an old atari console and relive some of those games,... myb its worth doing and keeping one of these monitors but Im pretty sure the old Atari has a regular TV port on it. 
Any takers at 100.00?

Thanks for the replies.

NFG

The wiki has a great matrix detailing most popular consoles and their AV output capabilities:

http://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=matrix

The only Atari console with RGB output is the Jaguar, all the previous ones (including pre-ST computers) topped out at composite video, and sometimes even that was a hack.  

As for the reason...  Well, RGB is the best you can get from most consoles, and CRTs are better than flatscreens for RGB. 

$100, eh?  I wonder what the shipping is like to Australia.  <ponder>

motherloadusa

Thanks for the info!
I just shipped a 200 lb recording mixer to Dubai in a 50 lb crate for $700.00 air freight.  I would think shipping these to Au via sea freight would be about half that. Sea freight is so much cheaper.  You could most likely ship both of them for around the same 350-400 $ and then sell one of them in Au to help cover the costs of shipping.  Just an idea...
Thanks again for the info.