what type of game would this be called?

Started by blackevilweredragon, September 19, 2006, 12:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackevilweredragon

I remember there's a name for this type of thing, but I forget..

I have two copies of the Legend of Zelda for the NES..

I noticed one difference between the two..  The intro..  On one, the intro scrolls upward at 60fps, while the other cartridge scrolls up at 30fps..

What is that called again?

NFG

Your question confuses the crap out of me, anyone else have any idea what he's asking?

viletim!

I don't think I could scroll up a cartridge that fast...at least not with my bare hands. :)

blackevilweredragon

What I'm trying to ask, is this..

One copy of Zelda..  When the screen fades at the intro, it shows a story in text, that scrolls up at a frame rate of 60fps..  But on my other copy of the game, it scrolls up at a frame rate of 30fps...  (going the same speed, but the 30fps one you can notice the lower framerate, like i was watching a movie)

kendrick

Like any other developer, Nintendo would update and revise the code in their released games and not tell anybody. There might be a bugfix, or a patch to fix compatibility with  later hardware, or a minor translation or color fix. I think the original Zelda went through two such revisions, but I don't have that information in front of me from a reliable source. I'm certain that's the only thing you're observing here, and I don't believe there's specific terminology for it.

-KKC