Need advice, screwed up electronic tracks!

Started by LuxKiller65, April 01, 2006, 12:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuxKiller65

The picture says it all. I thought scraping hard wouldn't remove the tracks, but I think I shouldn't have scraped that hard! Is there a way to connect the two tracks together? Maybe some sort of pencil or paste or whatever? I'm so dumb about electronics, I'm sure some of you guys here know how to fix it. I just hope it's not so bad!

And, BTW, is there a better way to clean the tracks, since they're all black and alcohol @ 94% doens't do much unless I scrape... and NO, I won't scrape on that again.

;D

NFG

You're pretty much boned.  That stuff is nigh impossible to fix.  In my experience your only options are to replace it, or connect the two traces with another wire, from each end point.  By that I mean from where the ribbon plugs in at both ends, rather than trying to join the two traces on the plastic backing.

viletim!

Unfortunately you can't solder onto that stuff....The thing I can think of is to use a conductive pen to put the track back. If you can't find a very fine pen then use masking tape to mask off the area where you don't want the ink to go before drawing the track. Then maybe glue the underside of the damaged bit of cable to a paddlepop stick or something else rigid to stop it flexing.

Thanks for the advices, I'll go look for a conductive pen. I never thought these would come off soeasily!

<_<  

LuxKiller65

Sorry, that was obviously me.

Fixed! Thanks again.

Used some silver conductive varnish.