N64 RGB mod - the next steps

Started by simonsonsix, January 10, 2012, 05:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonsonsix

Ok, so I've just followed the guide to mod the N64 by lifting the pins on the chip. Now I have a stupidly dark picture and a little bit of interference. From the various pages I looked at around the web, with carying degrees of recent-ness, I understand that there are several ways of boosting the RGB signal to solve the darkness (will this help with interference too?). This is all well and good, but it is beyond my skills (I was pleased with myself for lifting the pins without breaking them off  ;)) so I would need to find someone to send my N64 off to to get this done.

My question is, should I go ahead with this and which method is best at this time,

and, should I instead wait for the supposedly upcoming VGA mod and try to find someone to make that instead?

Any advice is appreciated!

Piratero

RARusk

Console hacking is like sex. For best results you got to know where to poke.....

Piratero

I just built the RGB amp for my other N64 and it was ridiculously easy.

Moosmann

I tried the THS Amp some months ago, but it don`t work (NUS-CPU-04 Mainboard). Which Mainboard do you have modified ?

Piratero

Quote from: Moosmann on January 22, 2012, 04:39:40 AM
I tried the THS Amp some months ago, but it don`t work (NUS-CPU-04 Mainboard). Which Mainboard do you have modified ?

That's really peculiar because I tried the mod on a NUS-CPU-04 as well and it didn't work. This is a NUS-CPU-03.

But I didn't solder the RGB inputs to the resistors (R8, R9, and R10). Instead, I lifted the pins on the DAC.

I honestly don't know...