News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Snes import mod

Started by Jennero, September 10, 2004, 12:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennero

I just got a copy of rockman and forte or "megaman and bass" for snes on ebay. I really didnt wanna pay for an converter because it didnt look stable. After looking around the net i came across this site and can i say impressive indeed. After I did the snes mod i was playing rockman and forte in 5 minutes. I didnt think it would be possible to do it. I also have another question. Will the game genie work with imports to?

NFG

The game genie works by 'poking' data into locations specified by the code.  There are bound to be subtle differences between imported and domestic software, so you'll probably find many codes don't work.  Some might.

Glad the site was useful for you.

Jennero

Thanks for that info but i mean can you play the import with game genie.

atom

Yes, I dont see why Galoob would have locked out imports. (In fact it might have even saved you from doing the mod) Why not give it a shot?

BTW I give you props for trying the mod out before asking a lot of questions, you just went and did it. You have potential to learn, so if your interested in modding, read up on the articles on the site i bet you can pick up some neat tricks.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Jennero

Thanks man but some of the mods i've seen on here are insane but cool. i wouldnt mind tring to overclock the n64 but i have no electrical nohow so i might try it if i manage to get another n64. I've done soldering before thats pretty much my background on modding unless you count computer modding :).

NFG

QuoteThanks for that info but i mean can you play the import with game genie.
As far as I'm aware the GameGenie did not ADD territory lockouts, so I doubt it will fail as an overpowered cart adaptor.  =)

Jennero

Sorry i didnt reply in awhile girls you know. Anyway the game genie has the same pegs things as inside the snes so you can use the game genie. I have a Question can you Over clock a snes because i would like to see like megaman x with no lag.

You can probably overclock just about any console to a certain extent. It usually involves feeding extra power to a pin on the cpu. The snes has a cpu, gpu, and apu, and i imagine the cpu and gpu running at wierd speeds might return some unexpected results.

NFG

Overclocking rarely involves extra power to a pin on anything, it ususally involves a new oscillator to run the CPU at a higher clock speed.