replacement gba sp shell

Started by phreak97, June 22, 2004, 09:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

i have been wanting a famicom gba sp for a while now.. but yesterday i came across a relatively cheap cobalt sp in a second hand shop. i bought it although it's pretty scratched up on the outside, the screen and inside is in perfect condition, i guess it was just treated badly while folded up. anyway, i found THIS and would love to swap mine for it if its any good.
is there anyone here who can tell me what kind of quality it is? is it worth getting or is it cheap and nasty like those dodgy phone covers you can get? i dont want to bother even registering to the site unless its going to be worth getting.

NFG

There were replacement shells for the GBColor years ago which were more or less perfectly functional.  For $10 I'd say it doesn't really matter, if it sucks give it to somone else.

phreak97

i bought it.. it looks pretty nice:) only on close inspection can you tell its cheap.. you wouldnt notice unless you knew it wasnt legit.. although i scratched it up a bit putting the clear plastic in for the leds.. i had to use the bit from my original case cos it wasnt included with the new one, and ofcourse, it wouldnt fit.. so i had to try make the holes a bit larger with a stanley knife, and ofcourse, me being me, i managed to make the holes too big so its notacable if you are looking for problems. and the pattern on the speaker is wrong.. instead of having four slightly larger holes in the middle, it has three and one small one, and a larger one on the bottom row, like someone programmed a machine wrong when it was made.. again, you wouldnt notice unless you were looking for problems.. oh and the screws that came with it were horrible so i used my old ones. and the nintendo sticker on the top looks a bit cheap.. but its not too bad.. all these problems you would never see unless you were looking, like the case in the clip hole next to the r button doesnt quite meet the other half.
overall, problems accounted for, i think it probably is worth having, and will impress anyone who cares, so long as you dont tell them its a cheapo one;)
its definately better than my scratched to hell cobalt one:P