Quetion about voltage on 50 to 60hz switch on SNES

Started by muji112, June 14, 2005, 08:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muji112

Im not sure if the switch I bought to mod my U.S. Snes to play Pal Games, i bought an illuminated Rocker Switch which on the front of the package says

"Rated 10A at 125VAC or 6A at 250VAC"
Also on the actual switch theres a sticker that says 100-125V

Im asking if this switch has too high a voltage for the SNES before i install it and make a mess of things,
any replies would be greatly appreciateed

atom

Lol no, the 125v would be referring to North American power, which comes out roughly 110v, but in some places is as high as 125 v. That equals 1250 watts. For euro power, it will accept 250v which is common for their sockets. That equals 1500 watts. So thats how many watts this thing will handle. Now heres the good news. The wattage of this baby will in no way effect or harm your SNES. Have a nice day.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

muji112

Whats the maximum amount of voltage i can put into the Snes, is there any rule of thumb?? b/c im interested in putting an extra external light on the outside of the SNES and wondering what i can and cannot put there

atom

The switch doesnt put any voltage into the SNES. The only thing thats puts power into the SNES is the power supply, or the AC adaptor. Things like lights, they use power not create it. LED's are the modders favorite lighting, other then cold cathode but that would prolly suck too much power.

muji112

So than anything i put into the system, i.e. external lights only affect the external power source meaning the AC Adaper and accordingly its voltage capabilities?,  also if i did decide to hook external lights onto the system to where would i hook up the Led??

Vertigo

phreak97

atom

Muji, before modding your video game systems or other rare or expensive equipment, I would mess around more with electronics and learn what you are doing first. Get some batteries, some flashlight bulbs, some copper wire, some switches, maybe a variable resistor and mess around with them all.

muji112

alright, thanks alot, im a novice to all of this and just learning as I go along, ill do what you suggested and if i have any questions than ill come and ask on here again, thanks for your patience and speedy responses, thanks take care bye