News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

power supply

Started by emerald danjon, February 02, 2011, 04:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emerald danjon

Hello all,I wonder if the power supply X68K CZ-600C is compatible with my CZ-634C X68000 XVI,i have an X68K CZ-600C floppy disk problems and a CZ-634C X68000 XVI  no turn on,and thought use the power supply from X68K CZ-600C in CZ-634C X68000 XVI,and looked this page which contains a great explanation

http://nfggames.com/nfg/x68repair/

and i think could work without any problem,I just like to know if someone tried something similar if you have any advice or anything that has to take into account,thanks a lot guys.

NFG

I haven't done it, but it should probably work.  There are more differences between the first X68000 and the rest of the series than between most other models, but if it fits, it should work.  Just rewire the connector and give it a shot.  =)

It seems to have the right outputs, so... 

Also, it helps if you use the names rather than the model numbers.  I know what an original X68000 is, but I had to look up the CZ-600C. 

emerald danjon

thank you very much for the reply,sorry but i dont know what is the name of the first X68000...for this reason i call CZ-600C,i know for example the vertical models are PRO,but the first model no idea really sorry for the confusion,in this site that this very detailed i see one diference between this two power supplys:+5 vsb in the first x68000 is the white cable and in the CZ-634C X68000 XVI "LOL again i dont know the name xD"¿ SUPER?  ¿XVI? in this the +5 vsb is red,I suppose that in mind, and making the correction...connect the white +5 vsb to the +5 vsb  red... should work...¿yeah? FEAR xD,thanks a lot.

NFG

Pay no attention to the colours, pay attention to the labels:  +5V -> +5V, 12V -> 12V etc.  If you try and match the colours you'll release the magic smoke and the computer won't work without it.

eidis

Magic smoke   ;D

Priceless !
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

emerald danjon

Lawrence what labels?in the cables or connectors i dont see any labels,maybe you talk about conectors?,open this towers is like open the box of hellraiser,I can not remove the power supply from the first x68k model "is like soldered to case",and the differences in the wires are too much,i think i try the ATX PSU MOD,and if the magic smoke appears i will try inhale,you really scared me with the magic smoke <(O_O)>

PD: the power supply from this XVI is like new...fuse intact unbroken,all capacitator like new no corrosion ¿?¿?¿?¿?,the computer when is stand by can switch between X and XVI the light change the position ¿so is the computer receiving the "+5VSB"? so is the power supply OK...,but the board where is the power on  and the battery is like new too  ???,is possible the capacitators from this pcb are bad but no presents evidence of corrosion?once you've actually had a capacitor that looks new this unusable?really this PCB looks like new  ???,thanks and sorry by much wandering...now i dont know what think.

eidis

Those capacitors can be very tricky. Most of the times they have raised tops, just like roof of a house. Another time they can leak. But the most annoying thing of all is when they look perfectly fine but are bad. Let's take an ordinary PC motherboard for example. A cheap motherboard. I have noticed that the average lifespan for capacitors on those is five to six years. How old is your X68000 ? Exactly ! So before hacking and slashing, please replace all system critical capacitors, including those in the PSU. This computer is so old that it could do the trick.

Best of luck,
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

emerald danjon

ahhh sounds logical,i have  changed about 20 capacitors from the floor PCB,i need more, im horrible with this things i buying  fewer caps than i needed...,I will not try before to change them all,and from the PSU OK,thanks you very much eidis.

eidis

Here's what I did with my x68000. Replaced all capacitors in PSU. Replaced all capacitors wich have 100uf and higher ratings on system boards, and don't forget the floppy drives ;) There were approximately 40 of them. A real paing in the *** but was well worth it :D

P.S. When replacing, be extra careful in observing the polarity.

Eidis

P.S. Maybe this will help:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050516141450/http://homepage3.nifty.com/nyan_world/data/x68kps.pdf

emerald danjon

Hello,fixed,working with internal micro atx PSU,THANX YOU VERY MUCH!!