The socket you plug AC adapters into...

Started by TJ_Kat, April 13, 2005, 03:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Kat

My current projects require power. I have the AC adapters, but I don't know what the little socket you'd plug them into are called. This has made finding them rather difficult because I don't exactly know what I should be looking for.

I've been to a few electronics sites and looked under their power sections, connector sections, and any other section that I figured might have a remote chance of containing them. So far no good.

My projects are at a standstill, so help would be much appreciated.

atom

They are called power connectors. If you live in the US stroll on down to your local radio shack.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

TJ_Kat

I don't live in the US, but I still refuse to stroll down to my local Radio Shack. The people who work there are idiots, and will claim that anything is a perfect substitute for what you actually need. Their managers are equally dumb and back their minions up even after you've explained reality to them in baby terms.

Back to the point; "power connector" is not coming up either.

Oh wait, my catalogue has 'DC power jacks', and they look to be what I need. I've been through this catalogue 6 times looking for them, why didn't I notice before.

Sure I don't technically need to post anything now, but I want to let my rant about Radio Shack stay ;-)

atom

I hate them too man for the exact same reasons! But, id rather buy small parts like that there instead of ordering in the mail. I mean, its just a small little jack! You really wanna pay shipping and wait for that?
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

TJ_Kat

No no.. I got the catalogue from a local place. I asked too many questions so they said, "Here, take this. It's from our main supplier. If it's in here, we have it in stock, or will by the end of the week."