Xbox pad out of SNES

Started by ReRuss, May 24, 2005, 01:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReRuss

Ok , I recently decided to go on an SNES theme and got a suggestion to do a controller to match , I was wondering if I could get some help on makin somthing like this work , d-pad only , ect

phreak97

what do you want the dpad to function as? the analogue stick? or the dpad?

it isnt a hard mod afaik, get a cheapo third party xbox controller then gut it, you wont need the usb hub which runs the memory cards, so you can probably fit the whole lot in the snes con if you cut it down and solder to the chip (or traces if the chip is one of those black blob ones).

i just had an idea for the vibration. if you can get some old junked mobile phones, i dunno where you'd go, but theres a second hand store near me which sells old bricks for $5 or less. get the vibration motor out of them, youll need two i think for xbox. preferable if one is stronger than the other, but you can just put a bigger resistor on one and it should be ok. youll be making the first ever force feedback snes controller i've ever heard of:P
if i had money, i'd do this for ps2. that phone motor idea has really got me into this:P

ReRuss

Well that would be awsome idea , I could grab some thin rumble motors and slip in there , but I havn't seen many SNES games that do rumble... But there IS games liek Metal Slug 3 that have rumble I beleive

Figure I'd map it like this...
D-Pad = D-Pad
A = B
B = A
X = Y
Y = X
L = White
R = Black
Start = Start
Select = Back

I'm wondering if 1st party xbox pad would have a chip that may not be a blob , but hell since I'm hackin one up I could check for junk extras at a pawn shop , I have old cell phones I could probably use for rumble motors

As for your PS2 pad goin to xbox , they make an adapter already that does PS2 on xbox or GC , or unless you just wanted some different rumble on PS2...

phreak97

no, i meant i was going to do snes to ps2. and anyway, half the fun is making the thing :P i dont want to buy an adaptor.

be careful with the smaller motors, i think youll need a resistor on them, theyll be lower voltage i think.

ill write back to help you with the snes con. there are some 10k resistors in there that dont look like resistors

ReRuss

Ahh ok

even if I don't get dual shock in there it'd be ok , but that would be awsome to do tho

I just need to dig up an old SNES pad , and find some crappy xbox pad , and should be fine up until figuring out teh rumble

phreak97