Question for RobIvy64

Started by chunky, November 25, 2006, 07:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chunky

Hey RobIvy64, is there anywhere that still has your guide to overclocking a n64?

I looked on your site (Underground Console Mods) but I couldn't find anything about the n64.

thanks  

RobIvy64

Hello,

I don't have a guide for the N64 up since I think GamesX has a very informative  guide available here.

I'll see if Lawrence might allow me to link/feature that guide on UCM.
"Console Mods" lurker

chunky

Yeah, I'd already looked at that one. thanks anyway

I was more interested in how you kept the thing cool. e.g. heatsinks and/or fans

RobIvy64

Well unless you crank the thing up to 3x, you really don't need any sort of cooling modifications.

On systems I have overclocked, i've added a small 60mm fan that helps cool the heat spreader. Just make sure it is channeling air out of the console and not into, otherwise you'll be cleaning out dust bunnies from hell 6 months later.

Another thing I did a few years ago was take the heatsink from an old stereo amplifier and cut it down to a smaller size that fit inside the console and on the cpu/gpu/ram.
"Console Mods" lurker

It's not the most robust adaptation but it does have all the content the UCM original does, also a bit of information about switching the multiplier without resoldering.

http://www.epicgaming.us/n64_oc/

Guest_Epicenter

Shit, my login didn't take. That was me.