HARDWIRING Component cables to N64 AFTER RGB mod CANADA

Started by gotloveforall, January 11, 2011, 01:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotloveforall

Ok. After finding 2 RGB'able Canadian N64's in my Game storage box I have decided to RGB mod both and leave 1 at home and 1 at my workplace for when we all want to retro game in style.
Now the problem arises that the only way to get

Main problem is that I live in Canada and I cannot afford an XRGB converter or the like to make the RGB mod work from a SCART to component setup.
So I was wondering. Can I hardwire component cables to the N64 board itself after the mod? Audio as well.

I'm not good at reading schems so pics with circles would suffice.  :-[

Any reason why this cannot be done?  ???

I love this site. Lots of info. :)

albino_vulpix

The N64 doesn't have YPbPr signals anywhere on the board, so you'll have to convert the RGB. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, look about halfway down here, where Moosmann wired a Gamecube YPbPr cable to the N64. It didn't work, but the pictures suggest it's possible.

gotloveforall

Quote from: albino_vulpix on January 11, 2011, 06:36:36 PM
The N64 doesn't have YPbPr signals anywhere on the board, so you'll have to convert the RGB. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, look about halfway down here, where Moosmann wired a Gamecube YPbPr cable to the N64. It didn't work, but the pictures suggest it's possible.
Thanks for the reply. :)
So what is the easiest ad cost effective method to get my RGB N64 playing on my North American TV? CRT and LCD both?
So will I HAVE TO get an upscaler like the XRGB etc? Or is there a much cheaper alternative?