NES SNES in same console

Started by skywylie, June 28, 2004, 01:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywylie

I have pulled the guts out of my NES and SNES. I now intend to put them in one box. I have the NES upsidedown and the the SNES riding it. It should only be slightly bigger than the original NES case. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions. I would like to only run one power supply,  two SNES controllers, and one set of A/V cables.

I wish nintendo would release a gamecube disc with all the top NES and SNES games. The closest they are getting is releaseing one classic game per cartridge for the GBA.

If this goes as planned, I hope to someday throw a 64 in the mix, if not, buy an Xbox and emulate.

Thanks.

atom

If you look at the pinouts on Gamesx.com, you will see that its possible to use your snes controllers with your nes. This means you only need the ports for the snes wired to both. ALso, a 9v DC (I STRESS THE DC) power supply should also do well to power both, but i recommend not running both at the same time.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

gannon

7.2V dc would be the minimum power supply that you can use. Hooking the controllers up would be pretty simple if you just want the snes controller for both units. The only problem I can think of is if you want to use a power glove or the light gun.
Here is my site, it has a few mods, mostly to do with portablization.

Martin

In China nintendo released a console called the IQue.
Its a combination of the n64, snes and famicom in the casing. Its pretty cool, but the joypad is about the same as an xbox pad :huh:  
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

NFG

QuoteIts a combination of the n64, snes and famicom in the casing.
This is kind of misleading.  The hardware is essentially an N64.  Some games were ported from the SNES/NES (like Dr. Mario + Tetris) but it's in no way a combo unit of N64/SNES/NES.

Martin

QuoteIts a combination of the n64, snes and famicom in the casing.
This is kind of misleading.  The hardware is essentially an N64.  Some games were ported from the SNES/NES (like Dr. Mario + Tetris) but it's in no way a combo unit of N64/SNES/NES.
I thought there were diferent models of the IQue.
My local games importers has "different versions" of it.
What exactly is the difference between them all?
Nintendo official magazine over here said that one of them can play the original SNES carts and everything :-\
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

NFG

NOM lied, by the sound of it.  Or they're confused.  The 'different versions' come with different games on the memory card, A service by the seller since it's expected importers can't visit the nearest combini in China and put new games on the memory card.