Sega Nomad Switches Mod

Started by boozi, September 12, 2004, 02:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boozi

Anyone, please, I need your help.... I've been desparate to play my Shining Forces Mega Drive games.... My old Super Mega Key doesn't work..... I recently got a Mega Key which doesn't work as well........ I've decided to get it modded. Now, if someone can do the mod with no problem and not for a lot of money (a lot means $50), I'll gladly send him my nomad and I'll provide the switches as well. Thanks a lot!

D-Lite

Well, I've never modded a Nomad, but should be pretty straightforward.  Which switches do you have for it?

Be aware that return shipping alone will cost you $10.  Probably $30 total to do it.....

boozi

First of all, thanks for the reply :D
Now, when I got my nomad, the guy paid $7.15 for the shipping.
The shipping WITH the A/C adapter was $7.15. The A/C adapter
weighs a little more than the nomad itself so the shipping would
be about $5. I need to get the ones from Radio Shack if I'm not
mistaken....... Well, can you please get on AIM?

boozi

Endymion

I'm wondering why your converters don't work. Have you at least tried cleaning everything? Carts, converter, Nomad, wipe them all down. If that doesn't do it open up the converter and look to see if anything is broken. A wire could have just lost the connection. These aren't tough fixes and should be your first line of defence.

boozi

I did try and clean them all out..... I don't think there's a wire loose inside since I opened them up and I checked them from close..... There are no wires inside, by the way........ Any other suggestions?

boozi

D-Lite

QuoteFirst of all, thanks for the reply :D
Now, when I got my nomad, the guy paid $7.15 for the shipping.
The shipping WITH the A/C adapter was $7.15. The A/C adapter
weighs a little more than the nomad itself so the shipping would
be about $5. I need to get the ones from Radio Shack if I'm not
mistaken....... Well, can you please get on AIM?
I'm fairly sure that wasn't sent with priority mail and probably not insured either.  A power supply alone is heavy.

Usually a system costs about $12 to mail priority and insured for like $50-75.

boozi

Nah, it costed me to send the system with the battery pack and 2 games $5.75 :D
Priority :D

atom

Heck, if you will give me 50 bucks, I will gladly do the mod for you. You will have to pay shipping both ways, I am a great packer you wont need insurance.

I would want payment made via paypal. I have been very busy and it may take from 3 days to 2 weeks to do the mod. Shouldnt be that long though. You can do the following to contact me.

Pm ME
AIM: its at0m
EMAIL: x_atom_x@hotmail.com
EMAIL: atom@thinktankpro.net
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN