Multiple consoles to Sony PVM-2030 (US NTSC)

Started by c0dehunter, December 29, 2012, 03:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c0dehunter

Hello all,

Ok, my VGA to Sony PVM-2030 is a success, now I need to know how I can connect this CRT to real consoles, specifically PlayStation 1.
I am aware that I need to buy a Female SCART to 25way dsub connector, which plugs in to the back of my PVM-2030 and would accept RGB SCART cables made specifically for various consoles.

questions:
So now all I need is to get a PlayStation 1 RGB SCART, and connect it's 20pin male connector to the end of the female adapter cable already attached to my PVM, is this correct?

And for other consoles, I need to by their own specific RGB SCART cables, true?

Thanks for your comments. 

rampaging-sloth

Hello,

I had a PVM 2030 long ago. I have the switch box and main cable  (that goes from the switch box to the monitor) you are looking for. Since i will never use them again you are welcome to have them. You would have to pay for shipping. I have cables made by Redmond Cable out of Washington state for the following consoles (all NTSC);

Sega Genesis
Sega Saturn
Neo Geo
SNES
Atari Jaguar

All cables are the original console connectors on one end and the D-SUB 25 connectors on the other. All cables were made to enable audio input through the RCA jacks on the PVM. Meaning video goes through DSUB and audio comes through the RCA jacks. Most of the cables have the rca jacks coming out of the console connector. However, the Neo Geo and Genesis only have a mono plug.

Shipping would be from USA -- MN -- postal code 55983.

If anyone is interested just let me know.

Regards,

rampaging-sloth

PVM4eva

Quote from: rampaging-sloth on April 11, 2013, 02:41:56 AM
If anyone is interested just let me know.

Regards,

rampaging-sloth

You have a PM.  Thanks!

rampaging-sloth

ok,

I am still trying to get in contact with PVM4eva. But here i are the pictures i took of each cable and the switchbox. The Jaguar cable had a goofy connector that Redmond cable could not procure -- so it has a clipped connector with a white dot to indicate the orientation of the connection. This is really more for posterity than anything else, but let me know if anyone has any questions.

Thank you,

Jason Tudor
rampaging-sloth

Glossectomy

If you haven't heard back from the poster about the cables I would gladly buy them from you. I recently got a 2030 and didn't realize until too late that it didn't accept RGB over BNC connectors like the other pvms.