Adjusting the H. Size on the Atari SC1224?

Started by vkp_ashley, February 11, 2007, 04:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vkp_ashley

Quick question to anyone who is reading this-> Is it possible to adjust the Horizontal Size on a monitor that doesn't have a horizontal size adjustment? I've ripped through my Atari SC1224 monitor inside and out, and I still cannot find a size adjustment for the horizontal. I was just wondering if there was a modification I could do to make it adjustable like installing some sort of Integrated Circuit. Here are the wiring diagrams if anyone is inclined to help me.

ftp://24.24.221.55/SC1224_Service_Manual.pdf

NeWmAn

In the schematic there's a "Width coil" (L702  On the middle-right ), maybe that will do?

viletim

I'll just add that if you want to adjust the coil with the monitor powered up, you must non-metalic tool, such as a whittled down chopstick (or even a special plastic adjustment tool).

vkp_ashley

Thanks guys! It worked. I used a plastic pick-up stick from one of our family board games (yeah, variety board games do come in handy after all) Using the stick helped me adjust the H size while the screen was ON. Finally, I have all the pixels on the screen. Thanks Again for your informative help. Funny, I never noticed that Width Coil before ^_^...