Looking for a cheap X68000 XVI model

Started by genocho, February 15, 2009, 03:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genocho

Hi,

I´m looking for a x68000 XVI model with at least 2mb of ram (4MB if is possible) with keyboard mouse and without

monitor, I think can use a vga one or a scart Tv-set.

I think hard disk is not neccesary to run games, and I think is not a problem to add an external one using the scsi

external connector, or the internal one (if is internal connector).

All the units have internal hd connector ????

Looking in japan auctions, I discovered to is more expensive the shipping costs that the whole machine.

Because I´m posting here if any can sell to me a working machine.

I¨m from Spain, anyone can sell to me or tell me where can buy a cheap x68000 working unit outside japan ????

I hope here, something can help me to adquire one of this amazing machines.

All the info about this machine, (using compact flash, connecting to vga pc monitor, connecting to tvset, networking card, using roland mt-32, etc ) is welcome, better with photos.

Regards.

papa_november

Quote from: genocho on February 15, 2009, 03:13:46 PM
Hi,

I´m looking for a x68000 XVI model with at least 2mb of ram (4MB if is possible) with keyboard mouse and without

monitor, I think can use a vga one or a scart Tv-set.

I think hard disk is not neccesary to run games, and I think is not a problem to add an external one using the scsi

external connector, or the internal one (if is internal connector).

All the units have internal hd connector ????

Everything but the original and compact models, yes.

QuoteLooking in japan auctions, I discovered to is more expensive the shipping costs that the whole machine.

Because I´m posting here if any can sell to me a working machine.

I¨m from Spain, anyone can sell to me or tell me where can buy a cheap x68000 working unit outside japan ????

I hope here, something can help me to adquire one of this amazing machines.

All the info about this machine, (using compact flash, connecting to vga pc monitor, connecting to tvset, networking card, using roland mt-32, etc ) is welcome, better with photos.

Regards.

There's no such thing as "cheap" with the X68K. A machine will show up on eBay roughly 5 or 6 times a year. Expect to pay $300 or more(usually more) less shipping for a working machine. There's one on eBay right now, but it's got a broken floppy drive and that's not exactly a fixable problem at the moment.

You can sometimes get a deal if you get one off Yahoo! Auctions Japan, but this will add quite a bit of uncertainty and complexity if you don't actually live in Japan or know Japanese. Services exist that will bid on Yahoo! Japan auctions for you and then ship them abroad (nobody on YAJ ships outside Japan), but I know nothing about them as I have yet to use one.