Undeadline hd install?

Started by pmack, May 29, 2012, 01:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmack

Hi there
Has anyone here successfully installed Undeadline to a HD? I got the original floppies but this would be an awesome addition to a HD image...

caius

Quote from: pmack on May 29, 2012, 01:28:57 PM
Hi there
Has anyone here successfully installed Undeadline to a HD? I got the original floppies but this would be an awesome addition to a HD image...

Hi pmack,
sadly Undeadline is one of the games which is not yet HD installable using normal methods, I only succeeded to 'install' it (if we can use this term) using 2HDBOOT utility but it requires 6MB of RAM in order to boot properly.Let me know if you are interested in (provided that you have enough RAM onboard) and  I will post here the needed files.

pmack

Hi Caius
Yes, I have exactly 6Mb. It would be great if you could post the files and instructions on how to do this. Thanks!

caius

Hi pmack,
here we are!

First download this archive:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7nx7n75vhe2heix

Decompress the Undeadline folder and the 2HDBOOT.X files on you pc, then user Diskexplorer 1.69 to transfer the Undeadline folder in your X68000 HD image (I presume you are using the great Edis HD image).Then transfer the 2HDBOOT.X file in the BIN folder of your X68000 HD image.Restore the X68000 HD image using Active@Disk (personally I use WinImage).Boot into File Manager (or navigate into directory if you don't have LHES) of your X68000 and then go to Undeadline folder and launch !Start.bat.That's all.

P.S.
When you decompress the Undeadline.zip archive on your pc, pay attention that size of the file images '1  - 2 - 3' in  the Undeadline folder is 1.261.568 bytes each and not more!.Otherwise you have to cut bytes in excess restoring the original 1.261.568 bytes size using some program like Jsplit.
Please, let me know if you have problems.