Compatibility analog RGB PC-98/X68000

Started by msx33, June 15, 2012, 07:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msx33

Hello Everyone,

I am going to received in about 10 days an X68000 XVI with monitor, but without analog rgb so I was wandering if I could use the one from my PC88/98.

Can omeone confirm me that it would work on the x68000?

Thank you.

NFG

msx33

Thank you for the wiki Lawrence.

Judging by the link it seems that it should work, since pc98  use 2 pins more than the x68000.

But the only problem is the sound. My monitor is CZ614D-TN and has speaker for stereo. The analog rgb for the x68000 use pin 10 and 11 for the left and round sound but pc98 doesn't have that  on the pin because  it's mono sound mainly so I don't think I would get stereo.

If someone knows or has a x68000 analog rgb to sell this will help because there wasn't any on ebay or yahoo auction.

NFG

Why not tap the sound from the front headphone ports on the X68000?  Connect it to some good headphones or speakers and get the most out of your X68000.  It also has an internal speaker if you're desperate.

It's very easy to make your own cable if you have to - cut the ends off a VGA or similar cable, and buy the DB15 parts for about $5.  Time to learn how to solder like a pro.  =D

SuperDeadite

The XVI  has audio line out jack on the back too.

RobIvy64

Connect to some good external speakers and be done with it. It's worth the effort.
"Console Mods" lurker

msx33

Thank you all for your reply.

I spent over 15000 yen for this monitor model just for the prettiness of the integrated speakers so I wanted to use the monitor speaker in priority but I received computer +monitor and if everything work fine , the wire of the integrated speakers went off during the transportation!

DAMN! what a waste, I have now two useless speakers and paid this extra for nothing:(

So I guess I will have to buy new speakers and plug it on the back of my XVI which is the simplest solution.

SuperDeadite

If you ever get a MIDI Board setup you'll need a mixer and external speakers anyway.