Gaming event in Phoenix AZ

Started by wildo2ne, June 21, 2014, 08:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildo2ne

Ok guys wish me luck, have worked on the machine for 2 weeks and have everything I could want ready for showcasing. The only thing I could not get to work was SFII which kept giving me unsupported resolution but everything else I have loaded works great.

Will try to get some pics to post up. See you on Sunday.

eidis

Hi Wildo2ne !

Good luck and bring back some new forum members ! ;)

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

wildo2ne

Sorry guys I was hoping to get pictures and video but I ended up spending almost all my time talking to people about the X68 and my Supergrafx that was on display as people were just drawn to the two of them. The rest of the time I was busy running a Dodgeball tournament on the X68 and Castlevania tournament for prizes.

eidis

Hi Wildo2ne !

The most important thing is that the PR campaign was a big success !

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

neko68k

Wish I'd known in advance. Albuquerque is a short drive to Phoenix. ;)

BlueBMW

Once I move to Denver, CO next month maybe we can set up a southwest 68k meetup.  Not sure how far it would be for some of the Texas peeps though...

RobIvy64

I know of 3 X68000 owners just in the DFW area  8)
"Console Mods" lurker

98pacecar

Majority gets to pick the city!!

BlueBMW

Hahaha   I wonder how far it is Denver to DFW...   Its 12 hours to Phoenix but Ive got a friend I can stay with there...

RobIvy64

Dubs we have a spare bedroom if you come out to visit  8)
"Console Mods" lurker

wildo2ne

Quote from: neko68k on June 26, 2014, 12:03:49 AM
Wish I'd known in advance. Albuquerque is a short drive to Phoenix. ;)

It would not have been worth it for one day, it was only on Saturday.

BlueBMW

I've been driving 550 miles to Chicago twice a year for one day events.  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to meet up with other retro-gamers.  Unfortunately after this move Chicago will be 1000 miles away.  That will be a little tougher to swallow.

98pacecar

@bluebmw,

I hope that doesn't mean you won't make mgc next year.

BlueBMW

I will definitely try and make MGC.  As long as work / school will allow me to come.