Official Sharp Reproduction X68000 Shells:

Started by JAPJAC (BANNED), April 25, 2015, 10:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAPJAC (BANNED)

Is this the first step in finally getting a '1 chip Sharp X68000' (akin to the '1chipMSX' of a decade ago) one day?

http://galapagosstore.com/web/catalog/sharp/event

The same beauty and functionality of old but with modern build quality and the much needed extras would be fantastic would it not?

What would you like to see in a re-released Sharp X68000 machine?  Avoiding the same mistakes as the ballsed-up NEO-NEO remake.  What specs., design points and functionality?

The X68000 range is hugely famous and so fondly remembered here in Japan by most males of my generation that had at least a vague interest in computing/gaming growing up so the demand is there.

RobIvy64

I wouldn't want a 1-chip X68000. I would prefer something similiar to the Minimig: discrete 68000 CPU with everything else integrated into FPGA.
"Console Mods" lurker

JAPJAC (BANNED)

I beg your pudding, I'll take your word for it.  I don't know much about the ins and outs of computers.

A mouse and mini keyboard would be great and possibly they could even be able to be stored in the machine itself in a cubby hole of sorts.

21 Pin RGB out of course.

Also make the controller ports SFC standard a la the CPS CHANGER to allow the use of the CPS Fighter joystick and the Godly Capcom Pad Soldier joypad out of the box would be mint.

H68k

It would be nice if it had 2 expansion board brackets on the other side of where the mini itx board's PCI Express slot would sit.. that way, you could use a PCI E riser to be able to use an external graphics card or whatever other PCIE expansion board takes your fancy.

While a one chip X68k would be possible in therey. you would need all of the X68k hardware guru's of this forum to poor together to be able to tackle stuff like the complexity of the Video Controller chipset and the other Sharp designed propitiatory ICs of the system.

Opethian

Quote from: JAPJAC on April 25, 2015, 03:51:27 PM

21 Pin RGB out of course.

why would you want that?  I don't think you can output 24 or 31khz over such a cable.

JAPJAC (BANNED)

I'm not sure, sorry about that.