Forest Fire News:

Started by NFG, August 23, 2003, 04:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

There has been an unconfirmed report that, according to Fire Crews at Vaseux Lake near Okanagan Falls, an osprey started the brush fire. The bird's wings touched some power lines, the power lines exploded and hit the ground sparking the blaze.  8:02pm

There are 150 horses that have been deserted at the Benvoulin stables and there are only 3 people there trying to load and move them.  Drivers and trailers are needed  ASAP.  (The people there do not even own any of these horses).

30,000 people evacuated or on evac alert.

Gord

It would appear the time has come for us to return and save the villages.  Which airport do you want to meet up at?

Haohmaru

Must be a helluva feeling seeing a wall of flame descending on your home. Good luck to those in that area and in Oregon, where one just started and they're talking about evacuating upwards of 4000 people.

exodus

when I drove to LA on saturday there was a forest fire on the grapevine - I don't have a TV here, so didn't hear what became of it.  

forest firesa are pretty fucked up.  Seeing it close up almost made me nauseous.