PC Engine Photography

Started by NFG, October 05, 2004, 02:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

After finishing this mod I was taking some pics of the PC Engine CD ROM system and came up with these.  Some of them are kinda neat, IMO.

Sure it's just a negative, but the idea of a black PC Engine is really hard to resist.

I like the dreamy, misty kind of Penthouse look.

This image really reminds me of space travel, or how I imagine it to be, with the white craft, scarred and harshly lit.

An undoctored image of one of the best looking consoles evar.

Endymion

Lawrence my man that is a work of art. I haven't even started getting my hands this dirty and looking at this, I chastise myself for it.

Why did you go back to DB9? I thought you had abandoned it. :P

Martin

I took the space travel idea stage further and whipped up this (in a rush) :P :
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

NFG

Endymion: I used the DB9 'cause I didn't have any round DIN connectors handy, and 'cause I didn't feel like making an adaptor cable since all my cables already have DB9s.   I don't regret it in this case, the finished product turned out far better than I would have hoped.  I rationalized it more easily too with the box of dead PCE CD units I have kicking around.  =)

Martin: that rocks, thanks!

davidleeroth

Nice work, both the photos and the mod.
I used a Saturn RGB cable and connector for the mod as I had these available. Since I only had a white (actually yellow) PC-Engine, I removed the RF unit and put the amplifier and connector on it's place.

Now, all I have left to do is replace the power switch with a push-type, add a power LED and paint it black. I've postponed this forever but this sure gave me an inspiration.  :)  

benzaldehyde

QuoteI took the space travel idea stage further and whipped up this (in a rush) :P :
It's times like these when I wish I had some artistic sense and Photoshop knowledge. :lol: