21/32 MODCHIP FOR SATURN

Started by ORTA, January 08, 2004, 03:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ORTA

I HAVE A 21/32(AMERICAN-BLACK) & A 21/64(JAP-WHITE) SATURN, THE PROBLEM IS THIS THE WHITE ONE IS ALREDY DEAD (NOT WORKING ANYMORE) SO I SALVAGED THE MODCHIP & INSTALLED IT ON 21/32 AMERICAN-BLACK SATURN BUT IT DIDN'T WORK, CAN SOMEONE HELP ME HOW CAN I MAKE IT WORK & READ BACK-UP?

NFG

We don't support piracy here, especially from someone who can't work their caps-lock key.  Please be more considerate with your postings.

Scared0o0Rabbit

Feeling Scared? ^_~

ORTA

Sorry about that sir lawrence it will not happen again!   :(  

ORTA

For mr. scarredoOorabbit im having a hard time registering there :(  

videogameman

just out of curiosty, why do you say installing a mod chip is piracy??  Playing backups of your own games is not illegal in the slightest, and sometimes necessary when playing extremely expensive titles such as radiant silvergun.  I dont like scratching my original CDs, so ill make a quick copy and play it with my mod installed.  I don't think that would be so wrong...

If you need help with a 32-pin mod go to Saturn-Planet.  Plug it into a google search and they have a great guide for it. :)

NFG

Because I don't know you people, and you don't know me.  I consider it insulting that people consider it OK to approach me with their copying plans and desires in the same way I'd be insulted when a junkie on the streets asks me for directions to a crackhouse.  Who the fuck do you think I am?

Everyone's free to copy their own games, this is true, but IMO if you can't take care of your games and need to make copies you're a loser with more problems than I care to deal with.  I've got games worth far more than RSG and I don't make copies so I can play them, but maybe you're epileptic or something, I dunno.

Piracy isn't 'cool', and it's not socially acceptable on these forums.  I might discuss it with my friends and you with yours, but that's where it should stay.

For the record I have a backup chip in my saturn, even tho I only used it once to test it.  When I owned my store in canada we sold PS1 modchips but went out of our way to get import-only models.

People used to come in to my store and ask me if we modded playstations.  'To do what?' we'd ask.  If they wanted to play burns we'd ask them "Are you asking me if I sell chips that would ensure you never shopped here again?  Do you think we want to go out of business?"  If they protested, as one family did, I said "Hey kids, dad's teaching you to be thieves!  It's OK to steal!"  

"Do you sell modchips?"  
"Uh, no."
"Do you know where I can get one?"
"Try city park, you can also get pot and cheap car stereos there."

Nip-Ring

Lawrence-"I've got games worth far more than RSG "
I'm not trying to incur any wrath upon myself here :( , but what games are those? AES carts maybe?

NFG

Sapphire for PC Engine regularly sells for $400+.  =)

Maybe games (plural) was a bit of a stretch...

Scared0o0Rabbit

actually I have a modded saturn, for the sole purpose of only playing backups of my originals.  It's not that I can't take care of my disks, it's that I have friends and family that can't take care of the disks.  With that said I kind of take offense to:

QuoteEveryone's free to copy their own games, this is true, but IMO if you can't take care of your games and need to make copies you're a loser with more problems than I care to deal with. I've got games worth far more than RSG and I don't make copies so I can play them, but maybe you're epileptic or something, I dunno.

Being that I'm epileptic, and that has nothing to do with my desires to only use my backups.

Feeling Scared? ^_~

dum dum

now apart from piracy and all that, are there any intresting user made programs for the saturn? all sorts have been done for more recent machines, but has anybody felt motivated enough to port anything intresting to the saturn?

NFG

The saturn's a right bitch to code for, and this has also held up the emulation scene, which is vital to a healthy coding community.  With the recent arrival of actual functioning emulators I think there's a better chance of people coding for the Saturn.  I'm not holding my breath for decent results however.

Scared0o0Rabbit

there isn't much homebrew for it, but segaxtreme does have an annual saturn coding contest.  If you're interested in some of the homebrew stuff I believe there are downloads available of it there.

Feeling Scared? ^_~