Atari 2600 Jr. Schematic questions.

Started by Don, October 18, 2004, 02:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

Hi, I'm new here, I've kind of been "lurking" for a while now.  :P  I was wondering if anyone could answer me a couple questions about these schematics: http://www.tripoint.org/kevtris/2600/2600schemo.html Number one: About the "Oscillator for the sound carrier" schematic, do I need that for RCA out or can I take the audio right from pin 12 of Stella and send it to the center of an RCA jack with the outside connected to ground? And number two: If I can cut out the "Oscillator for the sound carrier" schematic, can "Video Out" from the "Composite video generator circuitry" go strait to the middle of an RCA jack with the outside connected to ground? From what I know, the last schematic is not needed as long as I'm not going to use RF out. Am I correct? Thank you, and also, this is a lovely forum.  :D  

Don

Can someone tell me if I wasn't clear enough? I'm gonna create the best mod there ever was! But I'm not gonna tell any of you, you'll steal it.  :angry:   :rolleyes: Also, what is the little rectangle the first schematic labled "FB"? Thanks.  :D

Don

msgwtco

i think you should be able to connect video in and audio in of the last circuit to composite and im pretty sure the last circuit is only for rf.

As for the FB thing i have no idea what is is. I recognize the volgate regulator near it but i have no idea what the FB thing is.

Thank you very much.  :D  If I can pull this off, I'll blow all of you away! MWAHAHAHA!!  :lol:  See ya.

Don

Stabby

The FB thingy is a "ferrite Bead" used to help stabilize a signal line against stray RF, oscillations etc.  As we all know even a piece of wire can be an antennae of sorts.

Cheers.

Don

I was just about to ask if it might be that.  :lol: Thank you very much.

Don

Don

I'm sure if this is on a PCB if won't be needed though right?