Small question about CZ-601D monitor

Started by aje_fr, September 05, 2017, 07:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aje_fr

Hello,
I just received this monitor from japan. But... Either I don't know how to use it, either it's not working.
Standby led is lit. I have plugged my x68000, switch it on but monitor is still in standby.
Do this monitor require a remote to be switched on ? or the signals from x68000 is enough ?
Before starting to open it, I want to be sure I didn't make something wrong
Best regards

kamiboy

Standby? My monitor has no such state. Once you push the front power button the monitor is turned on. You should see the 31khz led light up as soon as a connected X68000 is turned on.

If you do not then prolly the monitor suffered damage during shipping. Mine has a bunch of cold solder joints that I had to sort out. Before opening it make sure it is not the cable though.

neko68k

Mine also had a lot of horrible solder work inside. Suddenly MAX VOLUME OMG was terrible -_-

SuperDeadite

Sharp Monitors do have a Stand-by mode.
If you connect a TV control cable to the computer, you can set switch.x settings to
put the monitor in stand-by on shut-down.
Also when being used as a TV, you can use the keyboard to control it like a remote.

kamiboy

Interesting, I knew about the TV control cable but never knew what exactly it did.

aje_fr

Hello,
Thanks to all for your answer, sorry for being late but I got some trouble to login.
Well, I finally sort my problem by making a recap on the psu board of my monitor.
I'm actually doing a full capkit now. If somes are interested, I could post the full capacitor chart and farnell codes.
Bye

repoMan

I'm definitely interested, mine is aging badly and it started to loose randomly one of the color components. After some resoldering the problem is still there; so I'm starting to think bad about the caps.

kamiboy

I had the same problem with the red colour dropping out and did a full recap. It did nothing to solve the issue. So I just shotgun reflowed solder on the different boards until the issue went away. It was a cold solder joint, but at least my monitor has brand new caps now. I think I uploaded a cap chart here somewhere?

repoMan

Funny that it's indeed the red color the loose one, I'll try again a resoldering with a hot air gun, thanks for the tip!

kamiboy

Try tapping the different boards with something nonconductive to locate the problem. The dropouts will get worse the closer you get to the problems.