News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

TURBOGRAFX RAU-30

Started by emerald danjon, June 22, 2017, 11:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emerald danjon

Hello all.
i want ask you about if is possible attach RAU-30 to the Turbografx PAL system for use CD ROM.

TURBOGRAFX PAL SYSTEM+RAU-30 to Jap IFU Interface Unit...,

if is possible is needed i suppose an adaptor for use Hucard Key ¿Right?.

i have curiosity if someone have this Combo or had it in the past,
thanks in advance.

NFG

I'd be willing to bet it'll work fine.  You'll need to modify the end of the connector, of course, since the TG16 and PCE are slightly different in shape.  I'd try it and see but my CDROM unit has no power supply.  =(

emerald danjon

Thanks for the reply,you mean modify the plastic...nothing like the Pinout...¿right?,
huge thanks.

NFG

That's right.  The shape is different - PCE is a rectangle, the TG16 is a D-shape.  If you use a knife or file on the RAU connector you can make it fit without too much trouble.  It also helps if you remove the metal plate on the TG16, I've found.

emerald danjon

emerald danjon

I get a Fail in my first step,i can't get work this adaptor

¿maybe is needed some modification in this PC ENGINE MODEL?.

i dont want use the adaptor with this Console,but i want test if works...,
cant see nothing can be broken on the adaptor...,maybe some bad solder.

thanks.
Edit:
searching find some info about,i think for use this adaptor in PCE is needed a little MOD on the console,cause the US games check the Region,anyway the Jap games dont work on Jap console with this adaptor...,so i feel little head over hills about this.

NFG

Quote from: gillianx68000 on June 25, 2017, 11:43:01 PMEdit:
searching find some info about,i think for use this adaptor in PCE is needed a little MOD on the console,cause the US games check the Region,anyway the Jap games dont work on Jap console with this adaptor...,so i feel little head over hills about this.

Oh yeah, for sure.  If you haven't done the region mod for your TG16, you'll have to use a TG system card, or modify it first. 

It's a fairly simple fix, if you know how to solder.

emerald danjon

Quote from: Lawrence on June 26, 2017, 08:02:05 AM
Quote from: gillianx68000 on June 25, 2017, 11:43:01 PMEdit:

Oh yeah, for sure.  If you haven't done the region mod for your TG16, you'll have to use a TG system card, or modify it first. 

It's a fairly simple fix, if you know how to solder.
But i dont get for what function does the adaptor if is needed a notification anyway :-\,maybe is a more simple MOD that the complete Region Mod?cause the Adaptor does the pinout change?
Edit:
trying to find info i get that:

adaptor is needed to run JP games on the US system, but a JP system has to be modified to play US games and it needs the adaptor.

so in the TURBOGRAFX PAL is not needed MOD the console¿right?,thanks for the patience... ::)

NFG

Sorry, I wasn't thinking straight.  You shouldn't need the mod on the TG, because Japanese software should run with only the adaptor.

You can run other Japanese HuCards on your TG16 without trouble?  Those purple adaptors are not very reliable as a rule...

emerald danjon

Quote from: Lawrence on June 26, 2017, 11:14:18 AM
Sorry, I wasn't thinking straight.  You shouldn't need the mod on the TG, because Japanese software should run with only the adaptor.

You can run other Japanese HuCards on your TG16 without trouble?  Those purple adaptors are not very reliable as a rule...
this is what i have
PCE JAP+IFU and the adaptor dont work with US GAMES and dont work with JAP GAMES,NOTHING.
i have PCE DUO RX but the adaptor dont fit..."plastic stuff nothing technical...",
i think when i get the PAL TURBOGRAFX SYSTEM i ask you again...after try...
Lawrence in the adaptor can't see any hardware...if fail sure is for some bad solder points...,anyway looks nice.

emerald danjon

Works GREAT on Turbografx PAL

:)

emerald danjon

Hello,
some advance,it Works  :),
for some reason not with SUPER SYSTEM CARD,and the card works on PC ENGINE...so...weird.
i need use ARCADE CARD,and for some reason "right now" and really a mean "right now" and not yesterday...the CD UNIT dont want to read some CD,
like Fatal Fury Special or Super Darius II,but read others like Gradius II Gofer.
can be Gear theme?,i mean if read one or other CD can be this Gear problem?,
hugue Thanks.

Edit:
other date is the video out only for the Turbografx,i dont get signal for the IFU.
Edit again:
the Gear looks nice like new,Strider works great but FFS and Art of Fighting no way.

emerald danjon

The CD ROM works perfect with PC ENGINE JAP SYSTEM,this problems with ART OF FIGHTING or FATAL FURY SPECIAL just happen when i try to use with
Turbografx PAL,
here what happen with FATAL FURY 2 freeze on 2:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8853RYN3AdI&t=7s

here STRIDER working nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6CX3teqTFU&t=162s

FATAL FURY SPECIAL dont boot,and ART OF FIGHTING Frezze afther the loading before the Characters appears on Screen,
all this games works perfect with the SAME CD ROM on the JAP system.

emerald danjon

After days trying combinations i realise the CD ROM2 have some kind of problem so Game Over for now,
anyway the combo Turbografx+Rau 30+CD UNIT works,and i think all the weird problems are cause the faulty CD ROM2,not for any incompatibility,
greetings.

emerald danjon

CD ROM fixed,the TURBOGRAFX works great with IFU.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ZfsXQZAG8
Happy end :).

NFG

That's awesome, I'm glad it finally worked for you.  =D