News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

How AC100V out works?

Started by MusicForLife, June 22, 2017, 08:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicForLife

I tried to search online but never found any descriptions or details of the 100V output. Does it work as standalone AC output while the computer is off?

kamiboy

No, it only supplies voltage when the PC is on. It is meant for the monitor or accessories.

SuperDeadite

It works if the main power switch on the rear is on.
It will still work when the front switch is off.

mez

advice :
if you want to keep alive your x68k psu more longer don't use it
plug your screen on separate 110 source

Pantman

I recalled my PSU recently, and referred to the schematic here : http://nfggames.com/X68000/Schematics/PSU/X68000_EXPERT_PSU_Schematics_v1.5.pdf

The 110V output appears to be connected straight through, and should not put any load on the PSU at all. I don't think you need to worry about the x68k PSU in this case. I'd be more worried about whether your step-down transformer can handle it (if you're in a 220V area).

SuperDeadite

It's quite handy for external drives, such as CF/MO/CD-ROM

MusicForLife

Quote from: Pantman on June 27, 2017, 08:48:39 PM
I recalled my PSU recently, and referred to the schematic here : http://nfggames.com/X68000/Schematics/PSU/X68000_EXPERT_PSU_Schematics_v1.5.pdf

The 110V output appears to be connected straight through, and should not put any load on the PSU at all. I don't think you need to worry about the x68k PSU in this case. I'd be more worried about whether your step-down transformer can handle it (if you're in a 220V area).

You mean 100V output? I have already japanese step-down transformer coming soon which is capable of 1000Watt. It's surprising how many are refering to 110V transformers while 100V is needed. Doesn't 110V put too much stress on 100V device?

Quote from: SuperDeadite on June 27, 2017, 09:17:22 PM
It's quite handy for external drives, such as CF/MO/CD-ROM

I was thinking to use my Famicom power supply on it when not using X68000.

Pantman

You're right Japan is 100V (my mistake there). 10% difference should be fine though, so long as you're not running a high power device like a hair dryer or kettle.

neko68k

I'll second that. I've been running 100V devices on 110V for decades with no ill results.