Need Help! Sailor Moon X! 2 Different Versions Of One Game On HDD From 2 Floppy?

Started by Sugo77, December 07, 2023, 09:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugo77

Hello guys!
Sugo77 again on the connection...
And now main, harder ever task and problem, than was in any time before... Btw, thanks for all answers, helpfull information and solves with other my previous questions and problems, all targets was sucesfully done...
But, now totally hard task and this what i was began introduction to with Sharp x68000 in old times...
This perfect fighting video-game Bishoujo Senshi Super Moon Fighter X (1995)(Sprite) By Company Sprites...
This game from 2 Floppy Disks:
Bishoujo Senshi Super Moon Fighter X (1995)(Sprite)(Disk 1 of 2)
Bishoujo Senshi Super Moon Fighter X (1995)(Sprite)(Disk 2 of 2)

And main, what i want begin to say, and what i never saw before in old video-games, this is game 2 in 1! Yes, yes...
This game have 2 different version on 2 floppy disks, which both depends from each other(I think some data from files is read from two floppy disks inserted at the same time, like add-ons-"DLC", as in our modern time, but you can run the second Floppy Disk separately first, and it will be the old version of game Super Moon Fighter Version 1.03 from Sprite Team 9 (1994), and if you run the first Floppy Disk in Drive 0 first, and then insert the Second Floppy Disk into Drive 1, then the newer version of the game 1.11 from Sprite Team 10 (1995) will start).
For example:
From Floppy Disk 2:
Super Moon Fighter Version 1.03 From Team 9 (1994)
Screenshoot №1(Btw, half of screenshoots i was do in Emuilator MAME, but anwyay this same and in emulators of Sharp x68000, this is not matter, i this just do for see Disks also in left side, and for faster work with this, for show):
Screenshoot №1(Version of Game Super Moon Fighter Version 1.03 From Team 9 (1994)):

Screenshoot №2(Title Menu):

Screenshoot №3(Character Select Menu):

Screenshoot №4(Fighting Stage):

Now next version from Disk 1:
Screenshoot №5(Version of Game Super Moon Fighter X Version 1.11 From Team 10 (1995)):

Screenshoot №6(Loading Tittle Screen):

Screenshoot №7(Title Menu):

Screenshoot №8(Character Select Menu):

Screenshoot №9(Fighting Stage):

Also all same for show in Emulators of Sharp x68000, for example in XM6 Type-G:
Screenshoot №10:

Screenshoot №11:

And now, guys and smart people of this forum and indeed, we have come to the most important thing! To global tasks and big problems, and requests from me to help understand...
I want to get this game to launch from the HDD, and so that both the new and the old version of the game work separately, run from the hard drive, or if it doesn't work separately, then at least a new version with more characters! Super Moon Fighter X Version 1.11 From Team 10 (1995)
This game, its new version in which there are many characters(Super Moon Fighter X Version 1.11 From Team 10 (1995)), launches perfectly from the HDD with a simple command - a simple method in AUTOEXEC.BAT ( When Floppy Disks Just Converted From Format .DIM To .XDF By Using Programm\Utility vfic \ Virtual Floppy Image Converter And Puted To HDD By Using Programm \ Utility Disk Explorer ):
2hdboot -$4 -aDisk1.XDF -bDisk2.XDF
By using driver 2HDboot.x ( In HDD in folder BIN, and in folder with game )
Screenshot №14:

Screenshot №15:

But, I'm not happy with this, and I want to get this game to launch in extracted form, directly from the HDD, for example, like games with HDD X68000_V4SP2.HDS, I'll also launch it from the visual shell, but that's not the main thing, as long as it to begin with, it was launched from any hard drive - any format, HDD (.HDF) or HDD (.HDS), it doesn't matter, the main thing is that it starts!
On my own, I couldn't achieve this even after six months...
What have I already tried to do to run this game from the HDD?
1.: Copied all the files from two floppy disks with the game to different folders.
It produced the following error:
Screenshot №12:

2.: Copied all the files from two floppy disks with the game into one folder.
It produced the following error:
Screenshot №13:

I know about the existence of these guides on this site:
https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:installing_games_to_hard_drive
But the fact is that I am not a professional and not a scripter, but only a self-taught tester, I tried to launch the game using different commands in AUTOEXEC.BAT \ !Start.BAT, and different methods, I even tried to create folder Data, and put some things there then separate files, and combine them with script commands in AUTOEXEC.BAT, but since I didn't know exactly what was for what, and what depends on what, and how exactly what works, because I'm not a professional, so on my own, I It was not possible to launch this game extracted from the HDD... :(
Help those who understand this complex issue!

P.S.:
My guess maybe even can be problems and in Machine Settings, but not sure, i was try run with different settings, i means in Model ( EXPERT, etc ), Speed ( MPU Clock ), Expansion (Main RAM ).

I was try launch of this my main, favorite game ( And this is where I began my acquaintance with old Japanese Computers Sharp x68000 from 2021 year )  on Sharp x68000 on HDD, even not half of yaer, even from 2021 year, and still fail... Need your help!
Even if you re will be made this extracted game from Floppy Disks, and run from HDD, for me this will be great help, and solve my old problem, for be happy, heh :)
I love solve hard tasks, but when can't about many years, then i asked help...
Btw, i sucesfully runned from by myself from HDD ( .HDS ) on our days( 2019-2023 ) about ~50+- -+ video-games... Only this game can't run from HDD only by myself...

Tester

incrediblehark

I know it's not ideal, but you can use 2hdsim for the version you can't get to run from a full hd install.

Is there a config.sys on the game disk? If so you may need certain drivers added.

I saw your question to me in my hdd thread, I do believe I have those games installed on mine, you are welcome to download the HDS image and see if you can learn from that setup. Sorry I can't be too much help right now, all of my free time is going toward getting this new hdd image released. Afterward I can look into it more for you.

Sugo77

incrediblehark,
Extracted \ Copied All Files From Inside Floppy Disk 1, With Game Super Moon Fighter Version 1.03 From Team 9 (1994):
Floppy Disk 1 Name: Bishoujo Senshi Super Moon Fighter X (1995)(Sprite)(Disk 1 of 2)
Screenshot №16:

Original Command In Original AUTOEXEC.BAT In Disk 1:
ECHO OFF
PATH B:\;A:\SYS;
SET LZD_SKIP_SUFFIX=.PLT.ZMD.PIC.DOC
SPD.X > NUL
ZMSC.X -G -N -M -T32 -BSE.ZPD -s B:\LOADING.ZMD
CLS
SYS\DCACHE2 -M1024,1240 -B -P8 -F A: B: > NUL
FIGHT.X
Extracted \ Copied All Files From Inside Floppy Disk 1, With Game Super Moon Fighter X Version 1.11 From Team 10 (1995):
Floppy Disk 2 Name: Bishoujo Senshi Super Moon Fighter X (1995)(Sprite)(Disk 2 of 2)
Screenshot №17:

Original Command In Original AUTOEXEC.BAT In Disk 2:
ECHO OFF
PATH \;\SYS
SET LZD_SKIP_SUFFIX=.PLT.ZMD.PIC.DOC
CLS
KEYSTICK.X > NUL
DCACHE2 -M128 -P8 -F A: B: > NUL
FIGHT.X

To two different folders...

Btw, how and i say in up of this topic, in first message, by just putted conversted Floppy Disks to formats .XDF, and by use this command in AUTOEXEC.BAT
2hdboot -$4 -aDisk1.XDF -bDisk2.XDF
By using driver 2HDboot.x ( In HDD in folder BIN, and in folder with game )

By this simple method game work on HDD, even in Visuall Shell SX-Window

Updated:
Btw, forgot add this code to my bid, previous post, now added...

By this simple method game work on HDD, but want try other methods of run this gmae, even 2 version of this game from 2 Floppy Disks, with same name of game, but different games... I Belive this can doing, just not sure yet howcorrect...

P.S.:
In ideal want get results:
Run 2 Different Versions of this Game Sailor Moon X, from installed Game on HDD, maybe in different folders, maybein one, not prinicipial, main target, get run this Game from extracted \ copied all files \  installed on HDD, not from Flopy Disks...(This simple, and not interested method...)
But, for run that, i not pro for that... heh :( :)
Tester

incrediblehark

You should be able to remove those DCACHE lines from Autoexec if running from HDD. If I have a chance I'll try looking into it more today.

Sugo77

Thanks!
Will be waiting results... Time not matter, main get any results...
Tester

Sugo77

Quote from: incrediblehark on December 08, 2023, 06:35:52 AMI saw your question to me in my hdd thread, I do believe I have those games installed on mine, you are welcome to download the HDS image and see if you can learn from that setup.
incrediblehark, about this proposal of yours..
I wanted to look at the .bat games, but for some reason I couldn't open some parts of your disk through Disk Explorer.
As I understand it, your HDD Image is divided into 3 parts, each of which is 1 GB in size, and they are somehow connected and interact together, hence the total size of 3 GB...
Screenshot № 18:

In general, the first part works well, but there is only data from games with Floppy Disks, as I understand it?
Screenshot № 19:

The remaining two parts of your HDD (.HDS) Image, for some reason, do not open, the error screen shows the following...
First, here's the error:
Screenshot № 20:

Then this:
Screenshot № 21:

Btw, i have 3 different versions of Utility EditDisk ( Disk Explorer ):
Screenshot № 22:

But, in all versions of Disk Explorer which i have the same error occurs when trying to open the second and third parts of your HDD Image...
I don't know why this happens. And is it just me who has these errors or does everyone have them? Maybe need use other version of EditDisk - Disk Explorer? Or what?
Tester

incrediblehark

What you will want to do is add another scsi device in xm6, load up both drives in the emulator, then you can copy files from my hdd image to yours. This is the preferred method as Disk explorer can corrupt files sometimes.

If you absolutely have to use disk explorer, boot my hdd while holding the HELP key on x68000 keyboard, then select the 2nd Human68k partition. The system won't boot (no Human.sys) but you can then navigate it in disk explorer, (exit xm6 before opening it in disk explorer)

Sugo77

incrediblehark, OMG!
Brilliant plan, idea and method, and it is working!
I added 2 HDD's ( .HDS ), your and my with SX-Window, and now if i change Drives from my C to a or b, then i can see your inside DOS your files from your HDD (.HDS )!:
Screenshot № 22:

But, man... This all good and perfect, but i got another question by this method...
Your HDD Disk Image, have 3 parts, how on this screenshot № 18:

So, in DOS and even in my SX-Window, i can use only 2 free Drives a and b, and one Drive this is C ( My HDD ( .HDS ), also same in my Visuall Shell SX-Window...( 1 Disck C ( My HDD ( .HDS ) + 2 Freedom Driives for A and B, end.
So how can I access the third part of your HDD Image? (In DOS or in Visual Shell SX-Window, if i have only 2 freedom Drives \ Slots )

P.S.:
It's possible have more than 1 HDD ( .HDS ) Disk C in Visual Shell SX-Window? And how if yes? For Example HDD Disk D and HDD Disk E?
I saw just on screenshots in internet, what this was posible in Visual Shells by use Human 68k v2.01 (1989)(Sharp - Hudson), which was load Visual Shell Human68k version 2.0...
Tester

Sugo77

Quote from: incrediblehark on December 09, 2023, 03:26:48 AMIf you absolutely have to use disk explorer, boot my hdd while holding the HELP key on x68000 keyboard, then select the 2nd Human68k partition. The system won't boot (no Human.sys) but you can then navigate it in disk explorer, (exit xm6 before opening it in disk explorer)

Wow, what a?... WTF?!
incrediblehark, who are you are man, how do you are know about this all?! You're like a magician!
You are one of developers of emulator of Sharp x6800 or even... Or even developers of Sharp x68000?! How do you are know about this all?!
This your method with use this Button "Help" on Virtual Keyboard of Sharp x68000, works for all 3 parts of your HDD ( .HDS ) Image X68000_SxSI-SCSI_v112.hds! Now Disk Explorer opens all 3 Parts Of your HDD Image!...
Thanks for than you are always sharing with your great knwdgess and expiriense, this is really helpfull!

If you are wil be give answers and about other my questions or some of this(ANd about Sailor Moon X in future) then will be totally great!

P.S.:
Part 3 of your HDD Image just empty, this how reserved on future?

Sorry as so to much questions to you are, very many, i know, just all interesting...
You are can give answers only on questions than on which you are want ofcourse...
Tester

incrediblehark

Thank you for the kind words, but I am no expert. I have learned a lot from other people's documentation and my own trial and error, and I am still learning.

I found out the trick with disk explorer when I originally set up a hard disk with multiple partitions. Whichever one you set as active in Human68k will be readable in editdisk.

The 3rd partition on my hard disk that is empty was set up so real machines without working floppy drives would still boot the drive. Another user on here taught me this.

Sugo77

Anyway, thanks you for all!
Not all share with helpful information, even if they know...

Btw, will be waiting resuts of main harder target, about run Sailor Moon X on HDD...(From exatracted files from Floppy Disks)
Others questions not in priority...
This task-target, i was try solve by my self even from 2021, and still fail, heh...
Tester

aotta

@Sugo77 : I didn't understand your sarcastic thanking to people who doesn't share with you his knowledge....
you wrote 90% of the post here in the last two weeks, in most cases with unuseful things and questions that you could answer yourself with reading this forum and some test, as everyone here did.
If is it your hobby, enjoy it yourself and don't expect people is here only to help you! ;)

Sugo77

This is not sarcasm, but sincere gratitude for sincere help...
Why is your unfounded claim here?
Now, if people have similar problems with something, they can easily find answers upon request...
I was also looking for this before, and I couldn't find it, now, for example, if you type into a search about SX-Window, or HDD (.HDS) about its creation, formatting, there are just posts with our communication with incrediblehark...
Before this, I searched, nothing like this was found...
Or is there nothing about Mega Lo Mania, I was looking... Now there is! And, if anyone has the same problems running this game, now they will see the solutions...
And now, a difficult topic, launching one game of two different versions from two floppy disks - interconnected... To me. As a beginner, I really couldn't figure out how to launch this game from 2021 year to our days on my own... This is not lie!
And lastly, do you really think that I didn't try to do all this on my own, what did you ask about? On the contrary, I tried more than once and in different ways, and tested more than once, but it didn't work, since I'm new to this, and that's why I turned to the forum for help...
This is not sarcasm, this is all sincere...
OMG, man... Bad move... "Sarcasm", tsk... Real sincere help, and real sincere gratitude for this, no "sarcasm"...
P.S.:
Btw, you are new here, on this forum, how i checked in your profile, but you are sending only negative here, i do not know why.. And speaked at all, not need to do that...
Help for others, if they not know something, this good move, said not doing this - bad move... Also - share with knowdges also - good, for and other get knowdges and  share with others, what problems in this?
P.S.S.;
And better i guess not do spam here about filosophy...
Better give helpful information if you are know, if no, then not spam please about what and wjho can do or not can to do...
Tester

aotta

So Sugo77, please post your question and solution on software section, this board is about real X68K machines.
I posted here some real solution open software for using gotek or HXC, and gerbers for the Galspanic's ram expansion. That's thing i think are useful for X68000's owner, not how install a game on emulator.
That's why i don't like your spam. Nothing personal.

Sugo77

Quote from: aotta on December 10, 2023, 07:20:25 AMSo Sugo77, please post your question and solution on software section, this board is about real X68K machines.

Hm, this better, this your post with information...
So, i see now, i was confused of topics, and now when we are finish our started dialogue with incrediblehark here, i will be know where posted new questions, if they will be about games...

Updated\added latter, after thinks about this...
What i want to say last about this...
You are not moderator(Yet), you are not know me and my senses... I never lie, what i was thinks, i said true... I not was know incrediblehark and really was thinks, what he is maybe one of developers... And me emotional person, this why i said all that for him, what i was sense on those moment after get-opened something new and lucky for me... Plus, i new in this and have language barier, and this all for me hard x2...
Plus for you are also thanks for some information about forum and categories... Thanks without fakin "sarcasm", just really thanks...(Because i sense that...)
Tester

kendrick

Hi everybody, I am locking this topic. I appreciate that people are willing to share knowledge and information, but I would ask that if you're going to communicate concerns about conduct or tone outside of the technical topic, you do so to staff or directly to the person via PM.

Please be courteous not just to the people you're addressing, but to the larger audience that is reading each post and thread. If you're posting a message that's meant only for one person, and there's no benefit for the rest of the forum to see it, then it doesn't belong in the bigger conversation about the smaller topic.