News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Unloading stuff!

Started by NFG, April 18, 2017, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

I'm clearing out a bunch of gear in the very near future.  I would prefer to avoid ebay, because the selling experience there is akin to smashing my toes with a hammer, and it feels better if I just stop doing it.  ;)

Even if none of this stuff appeals to you, I'd appreciate it if you shared this around.  Big Gallery Here!

In no particular order, here's some stuff you can expect to see soon:

Recently Updated:

August 30 - Nectaris is sold.

April 26 - Added some starting prices.  Looked at Ebay, gauged the value based on condition and completeness.  Please do make counter offers.  =)
April 24 - Added a bunch of images for MSX, Space Channel 5 pack, Puyo Fever, Bomberman 94, 64DD set, Gradius II

CPS Changer (boxed, no manual), SF Zero, Power Stick (boxed, complete)  $2500 - (In Gallery)

Teradrive (system only) $400
Teradrive Puzzle Construction Kit (complete) (In Gallery)

64 DD system with all bundled games, keyboard, RandNET newspapers.   $2,000 - (In Gallery)

Yamaha YIS/604 MSX2 system (boxed, with manuals) (In Gallery)

PC FX system with pad
Samsung Saturn (system only)
Aleck 64 JAMMA board, two controllers (one complete, one missing some wires), 2 games: Vivid Dolls, Eleven Beat. 
Neo Geo Pocket Hanshin Tigers edition (new) $350 - (In Gallery)

Space Channel 5 pt 2 boxed set with headphones (Dreamcast, new or like-new) $250 - (In Gallery)
Last Blade Neo Geo home cart (complete) $350 - (In Gallery)
Puyo Fever Dreamcast (with Sega Direct special jelly keychain) (new) $100 - (In Gallery)

SNES Prototype - Nazo Puyo Puyo, Tokyo Game Show version $150 - (In Gallery)
SNES proto carts (new, made by Nintendo, never had ROMs in 'em) $50 - (In Gallery)
SNES proto/demo cart (SD-F1, with the SA-1 chip) $200 - (In Gallery)
SNES Game Processor RAM cart $45 - (In Gallery)

WonderMega (Sega version, system only) $300 -

PC Engine LT (needs capping)
PC Engine clone 'PC Boy', new, complete
Sharp X1-Twin (X1 & PC Engine combo) (system only)

Korean PCE 'Vistar 16'.  Like new, in original styrofoam packaging.  Manual, No controller.
Misc Vistar cards (maybe 5 or 6)
Boxed PCE, Boxed Core, boxed RAU-30 CD ROM extender
Assorted system cards (Super System, Arcade Pro, Arcade Duo)
PCE Bomberman '94 (new) $75(In Gallery)

X68000 Dracula (complete) (In Gallery)
X68000 Nemesis '90 (complete)
X68000 Last Battalion (complete) $350 - (In Gallery)
X68000 Bomberman (complete)
X68000 Nectaris (complete)
X68000 Image Fight (complete) (In Gallery)
X68000 Gradius II (complete, small chip on case)   (In Gallery)
X68000 Cyber Core (complete) (In Gallery)

FM Towns Image Fight (complete) (In Gallery)

MSX Laydock 2 (disks only) (In Gallery)
MSX Aleste 2 (complete) (In Gallery)
Nectaris DOS/Win95 (complete) (In Gallery)

I was thinking to run an auction in the old style, give it a few weeks and have people submit their bids.  Not sure if such a thing would be as popular now as it was before ebay nailed down the internet seller's market, which was the last time I attempted it.  =)

I'll be posting photos and answering questions for a few weeks before it goes on sale.  This will be the official thread for updates and links, etc.  If you'd liked to make an offer: repliesx@gamesx.com

urnhurrell

If Dracula is complete, I'd possibly be interested. How much would a starting bid be for it?

kamiboy

Several items catch the old eye. For now, let me ask, how long has that LT been needing a recap? Because those leaky caps are bad to leave fester.

NFG

urnhurrell: No idea.  I don't really have my eye on the scene anymore, so ...  No idea.

kamiboy: not too long!  I was actually surprised it didn't work last time I turned it on.  I don't see any signs of leakage or anything, so my impression is it'll be an easy fix.  Was going to do it myself but I'm just tired of this enormous pile of shit I'll get around to someday.  =(

Which reminds me, I have a couple of Nomads I should add to the list.  Also a CDX or two. 

urnhurrell

If $100 plus shipping isn't an offensive offer, that's my starting bid.

zyrobs

Damn, those are indeed treasures. There are a few things there I wouldn't mind owning, but they'd be way out of my reach even with the ebay tax subtracted.

NFG

Zyrobs: The current gaming market is so absurd.  Take my treasure, exchange it for your gold.  =D

urnhurrell: yeah, it's a bit low.  ;)

parodius

Interested in the CPS Changer set.
So, we post our offers on this thread ?

NFG

Please do feel free to do exactly that, or message me.  If I like it I'll make the deal immediately.  =)

I don't know if that's the fairest way to do it, but other than 'avoiding ebay if I can' I don't really have a plan yet.  =/

zyrobs

Quote from: Lawrence on April 23, 2017, 03:12:53 PM
Zyrobs: The current gaming market is so absurd.  Take my treasure, exchange it for your gold.  =D

Would you consider trades?

edit: holy hell, I looked up some of the prices, I don't think I have anything in even remotely similar price category.

NFG

TBH I'm more interested in non-gaming stuff at this time.  There are very few games/hardware I'm looking for.  Now, if you've got a Mavic drone or Sony a99 II kicking around, maybe we can talk.  =D

NFG

Updated with photos of a lot of stuff (see first post)

cometclean

Is Dracula still available? I know it's an old thread but.... Dracula

NFG

It is still available.  I haven't put any effort into selling most of this yet.

kamiboy

I just sold a piece of hardware and have some yen burning a hole in my paypal account. Also, I'll be coming to Japan in a month so the time for purchases are nigh.

My main item of interest is that LT of yours. Lately I've had some rotten luck with buying junk hardware that seemed like an easy fix, only to discover that it is unfixable. As such I have apprehensions about it not working, but a good bargain could tip the scales.

So, what is your best price on it. Also, what cosmetic condition is it in, and how complete is it? Does it include any of the original packaging, what about accessories?

Have you checked whether it actually does not power on, or it does power on but displays nothing, as in the LCD is broken.

NFG

Quote from: kamiboy on September 18, 2017, 07:52:58 PMSo, what is your best price on it. Also, what cosmetic condition is it in, and how complete is it? Does it include any of the original packaging, what about accessories?

Have you checked whether it actually does not power on, or it does power on but displays nothing, as in the LCD is broken.

I suck at setting prices.  I sort of run on ebay and pick an average I'm happy with, but LTs are rare so I've got no data.

It worked last time I used it, no dead or stuck pixels.  Then I turned it on years later and it's dead.  IIRC the light comes on, but nothing else happens.  I have the original PSU and all the covers for the ports (controller, headphone etc).  That's all.

kamiboy

eBay is no good for rare Japanese hardware, for those I go by yahoo auction prices.

They don't show up too often but I've been keeping an eye out for LT's over the years. Whenever I can spare the change I usually bid around 3-40000yen on loose units and traditionally end up losing the auction as the second highest bidder or close to the top. Actually, it happens suspiciously often that I lose Yahoo auctions by one bidder, but that is another story. I don't remember seeing confirmed none working units sold on there. Then again Japanese seller are often prefer to sell things as untested junk, rather than tested, broken.

In any regard, I am going to say 30.000 yen max is about the comfort zone for me to take a chance on a broken LT. When those junk X68000's I bid on turned out to be unfixable I was only out 3-6000 yen, but here well, I don't want to buy more paperweights, especially at that price.

Now that I've looked over your list I see an X1 twin there as well, which catches my eye. I have no idea what X1 twins go for though, I have not been following them. What about the X1 then, do you have a ballpark there? If not I am going to have to try digging something up. I do have feeling that their price prolly is not above 10.000 yen.

I am also kind of interested in Nemesis '90 Kai. Maybe we can work out a bundle deal. I'll be in Japan 16th of next month, so we have until then to negotiate and ponder.

NFG

The X1 Twin also worked last time I checked it.  I should probably check.  Quite a rare unit, it's been years since I've seen one, but I haven't been looking too hard.  It doesn't have a keyboard, but if you want it for PCE it doesn't need one.

All this stuff is in Australia, but I'll be in Japan around the same time as it turns out.  GameSX Meetup!  ;)

RobIvy64

Sent you an email, Lawrence :)
"Console Mods" lurker

kamiboy

What a coincidence, seems it was fated in the stars. I am a bit bummed by the X1 missing the keyboard, I was mostly interested in the computer side of that machine. From experience I know that buying a keyboard for vintage Japanese computers often dwarf the cost of the hardware itself. I know next to nothing about the X1 platform, other than those original machines in the red cabinets were the sleekest computers of their time. Then again, it was part of the Sharp X series, so one should expect nothing less.

I am not sure how necessary the keyboard is for sampling the game library of said system, but perhaps you know better than me? From experience the keyboard is pretty essential on most Japanese computer systems.

In any regard the aforementioned three items are what interest me most. You can shoot me a price for them combined and I'll have a few weeks to mull it over. If you cannot manage a price I'll do some research and shoot you an offer in about two weeks time.

cheers

NFG

I think the keyboard is mandatory, because you need to press a key to launch a tape, etc.  I've never tried, TBH, there's only maybe three X1 games that interest me.

X1 keyboards, last I checked, are cheap.  They're (all?) compatible with each model, so you can get any one of them and it'll work on the Twin.

RobIvy64:  Aha, that was YOU.  I did wonder.  =)

RobIvy64

Quote from: Lawrence on September 20, 2017, 09:15:52 AM

RobIvy64:  Aha, that was YOU.  I did wonder.  =)

Help me give you money!
"Console Mods" lurker

kamiboy

Well, I am back from Japan and I had little luck finding anything interesting hardware wise. Yahoo auctions have also been quite dull lately, so what about it Lawrence?