Kyukyoku Tiger (FDD Problems)

Started by trisoret, December 14, 2016, 12:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trisoret

Hello, I'm facing a problem with Kyukyoku Tiger. I have a Compact and the game isn't responsive at all (booting through FDD). I tired using both the keyboard and the joystick... no signs of life whatsoever. I let the game run the demo screen and there I found out that its missing the background layer.
Note that I tried all 3 dumps from the TOSEC set. Also, every other game I wrote on floppies work flawlessly.

Anything in particular is wrong with this game? Is there any fix out there?

Thanks!

SuperDeadite

Not sure on the missing background layer, but control wise...  This is one of the weird games that actually has an Insert Credit button on the keyboard.  You must push XF3 to insert a credit.  Then XF1 and XF2 are the player 1 and 2 start buttons.  You must insert at least 1 credit, or no other buttons will work.  This game is actually impossible to play without a keyboard.

By the way, this games has a few hidden options.  Hold F1 during bootup to enable auto-fire, and hold F2 to enable analog (mouse/trackball) control. 

trisoret

Quote from: SuperDeadite on December 14, 2016, 10:38:39 PM
Not sure on the missing background layer, but control wise...  This is one of the weird games that actually has an Insert Credit button on the keyboard.  You must push XF3 to insert a credit.  Then XF1 and XF2 are the player 1 and 2 start buttons.  You must insert at least 1 credit, or no other buttons will work.  This game is actually impossible to play without a keyboard.

By the way, this games has a few hidden options.  Hold F1 during bootup to enable auto-fire, and hold F2 to enable analog (mouse/trackball) control.

That's some great info! I have a silly question though: Where's the XF3 button located on a normal ps/2 keyboard? (Since I'm using a converter and not an original keybaord).

SuperDeadite

That would depend on who made your converter really.
But most of the Japanese made converters use this chart.
XF3 is actually one of the Kanji mode keys that only exist on Japanese
keyboards I'm afraid...

trisoret

This is valuable information for me, thank you for your help! I'll buy myself a Japenese keyboard then.

corpsicle

I reprogrammed my adapter for this exact reason. :)
Put XF3 on some numpad key if i recall correctly.
In the end i bought a proper x68k keyboard though.