News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Copy Protection?

Started by trisoret, January 12, 2017, 09:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trisoret

I've been trying to play all the games located in the "Games 3" folder on the HDD image v4. But since my X68k compact has 2MB of Ram, I thought I would write some games to floppies and play them through that route. I had success in: Flying Shark, Cotton and Super Star Soldier. I boot those on floppy disks and they work flawlessly.

However I tried writing the following: Hatenkou, Image Fight, Strider, Thunder Force 2 and Daimakaimura, and none worked properly. Some booted then the computer frozed, some just didn't load. Are these "protected" games? Is there some "cracked" versions out there?

I'm using dumps strictly from the TOSEC archive and "Floppy Mastering" on my X68k.

Thanks for your help.

SuperDeadite

Hatenkou is a doujin, no protection, but not sure if it was meant to run off floppies or not.

Capcom games are protected.  Daimakaimura has never truly been hacked, instead the versions that
work actually run by using PROEMU.  A special driver that emulates the disk protection and sends it to the game when needed fooling the game into booting. 

Honestly speaking, the "TOSEC" is a bit of a joke imo.  Some of the games in there are very old dumps, many of them are only partially working.