Undead Line--using options?

Started by Psygnosis8, November 04, 2016, 12:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psygnosis8

Since our favorite Japanese computer only supports 2 buttons, anybody know how to switch to option weapons/activate powerups?  This is a sweet game, I wanna be able to complete it :)

I've pushed every key and no luck.  Google doesn't tell me much.  Plz halp.

Regarts,
Psygnosis8

SuperDeadite

Switch weapons? LOL you must be new to this series.  The only weapon you have is the last one you picked up.  Pickup a new weapon, your old is gone.  All items are instantly activated, except for the dynamite.  This is used the next time you push the fire button after picking one up.

Psygnosis8

Okay, hahaha!  The Mega Drive version apparently has an "option" button.  Weird. 

Alright,  oool.  Time to go smash some zombies into a gory pile of goo.

SuperDeadite

MegaDrive version has an option button, but it can only be used 3 times during a single play-through.  The MD version was actually made by PalSoft, where as the MSX and X68 versions were by T&E.  All 3 versions are very different from each other, and all worth playing.

Psygnosis8

Yeah, I'm reading a series of books, The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers.

https://www.amazon.com/Untold-History-Japanese-Game-Developers/dp/0992926025/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478309618&sr=8-1&keywords=untold+history+of+japanese+game+developers

They interview the guy that made Hydlide and Undead Line and they talk about how it was sort of developed as a "trilogy."  Motivated me to start playing it.