SOLD! Fully recapped SHARP x68000 sale! no longer want to complete the restore

Started by aarkay14, September 04, 2016, 01:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarkay14

Up for sale SOLDa project that I had been working on and spent a lot of effort and money!

The SHARP x68000 Compact XVI is fully recapped - all SMDs have been replaced with high quality TDK MLC capacitors that will never fail throughout your life, the radial capacitors are all Nichicon original replacements. This x68000 has been pampered well and a lot of affection was spent to replace all the old caps with new ones. Even the floppy drives have new X7R and X5R capacitors for 0 current distortion during motor runs for floppy.

The following are the repair work:

1. All capacitors in the PSU replaced.
2. the PSU wire that goes into the wall outlet has been replaced with a generic 3 prong pug (still under construction) - Added a Molex power connector from the PSU for any additional devices.
3. All capacitors on the motherboard fully replaced with TDK MLCC capacitors that will never die and never leak, the motherboard has been cleaned of any dirt or grime with 100% isopropyl alcohol, as always high quality work.
4. The body has been fully cleaned with Iso_propyl alcohol. During taking out the parts one of the hooks was chipped but that does not affect anything as there are many others.
5. I was in progress of making the SCSI to mini SCSI adaptor for the AzTech Monster SCSI to CF card adaptor when I gave up as it was too difficult to solder and everything.
6. New SRAM battery in place.
7. All capacitors in the Floppy drive units replace with TDK original X7R and X5R capacitors for 0 current distortion during motor runs

The x68000 is in working condition but the floppy drives do not read my home made burned floppies so I wanted to put in a hard drive. I am yet to mod the PSU for the harddrive, one can do it easily.

I am willing to give away all of the below for 550 USD + Shipping from Japan (I am selling at a loss here)(PM me for any offers)

1. x68000 Compact XVI (2 MB Ram) - fully recapped, working fine.
2. X68000 Compact to PS/2 keyboard converter
3. x68000 Compact video to VGA converter, VGA to HDMI converter (please note it outputs to non standard HDMI)
4. SCSI to CF Card adaptor
5. 4 GB transcend CF card
6. CZ-6BM1 x68000 MIDI card (supports Tape backup)

Please let me know if you want the Japanese keyboard as well, I will sell it and also send you the layout for x68k to PS/2 converter.
Please let me know in case of any conerns.

Please see pics below:

This stuff is for serious modders and collectors!

Video showing everything assembled and computer turning on : https://youtu.be/dW3SQtIKKoI

Everything works absolutely fine! but this is old hardware and hence NCNR once it is in your hands.

famiac

kamiboy

You know, you don't have to do an internal SCSI install, right? The Compact has a mini centronics SCSI port on the back. With a external SCSI enclosure and the right cable you can just hook the thing up externally, which is the better solution anyway as you then have access to the CF in order to easily update the files or the image on the HDD.

corpsicle

aarkay14

Quote from: famiac on September 04, 2016, 01:20:17 PM
Is it just the floppy drives that are giving you trouble?

Yes :( I tried and I tried but it does not want to read my written floppies.. Sorry for late response

aarkay14

Quote from: kamiboy on September 04, 2016, 10:23:09 PM
You know, you don't have to do an internal SCSI install, right? The Compact has a mini centronics SCSI port on the back. With a external SCSI enclosure and the right cable you can just hook the thing up externally, which is the better solution anyway as you then have access to the CF in order to easily update the files or the image on the HDD.

I will try to find one of those amd see how that goes... Thank youfor the suggestion..

aarkay14

Quote from: corpsicle on September 05, 2016, 01:36:16 AM
Have you tested any original games? Or any known working floppies?

Umm I dont have any..  Will see if I find one and try..  Thanks for the response!

amigo-mexicano

From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com