Previous topic - Next topic

frankmonk

Hi guys,

first of all here my Setup:

xvi-hd
cz-613d + original speakers
midi board
Roland cm64

can I somehow mix the midi and sfx using the Monitors Inputs/Outputs?
I do not want to use an external mixer and have all Sound (sfx+midi) playing from the sharp Speakers which are hooked up to my cz-613d
is this possible?

sorry for asking but I did not tried it yet to be honest

thanks

SuperDeadite

With a CM-64 you will need an external mixer.  Only way around this is you could have the 64's audio output going to the computer's speakers, and then just listen to the sfx by using the speaker that is built into the computer itself, but it will sound terrible.

Pinwizkid

You're gonna want to get a mixer for optimal sound quality - I've noticed that the MIDI/FM mix seems to vary slightly from game to game. I usually find myself making slight volume adjustments on the mixer whenever MIDI is playing over the FM synth. Also, the mixer provides the added benefit of being able to do some EQ adjustments on either the MIDI audio input or the FM synth input. Some games like Gradius 2 and Motos combine music tracks from the MIDI and FM synth in MT-32 mode - they sound amazing when properly balanced.

If cost is an issue, get yourself a Behringer Eurorack MX602A. The UB502 might also be suitable if you're only hooking up the one module, but it offers less EQ control.

frankmonk

great! thanks for letting me know. I somehow thought it might be a much cleaner Setup if everything is hooked through the original speakers