Blissbox 4play kickstarter for new controller cables

Started by panzeroceania, May 05, 2016, 05:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzeroceania

The Blissbox 4Play is a device that allows you to connect old video game controllers to modern devices via USB. It can accept 4 controllers at once and does so using patch cables that adapt your existing controller to the 4Play.

It doesn't require you to install any drivers on your machine, works with rumble, Dreamcast VMU, microphone input, you name it. It's both the best and most cost effective device I've found for these tasks.

Recently they put up a kickstarter to produce a new set of cables that includes more obscure connections than their original set.

I'd encourage anyone looking for a great emulator controller solution to research it themselves and back their kickstarter if it's something that you're interested in

http://kck.st/1WtOevm

B-Man

It's a excellent device for sure. I own one and use it with my PS3 and with RetroPie all the time. I can also verify that the Universal Retro Controller v2 Sega Saturn receivers I bought from micro work with it. The quality is top notch, but their marketing is poor to say the least. It's too bad really. Anyway other than the marketing, my other complaints I have about the product are even tho it works with the PS3, PC, Mac, Android, Linux, Raspberry Pi, and even limited functionality on the Original XBOX, it does not work with the PS4, XBOX 360, or XBOX ONE. Also the functionality for the Original XBOX requires a different firmware to be flashed that disables 3 of the 4 controller inputs. I understand that the Original XBOX doesn't allow for a hub, but it's wasted functionality that you're unnecessarily paying for. They should make a Bliss-Box 1-Play, that can be still used across all the systems at a cheaper price. If they made that I'd buy four of them for my Original XBOX. Buying four 4-plays would be a huge waste of money. They also don't sell the 4-Play without cables, just with huge cable sets, expensive, and for some, unnecessary. Also I own a Mac and not a PC, so updating firmware is a pain since they don't make an updater for the Mac. All complaints aside It is really a great product, and there is no other product like it.

B-Man

So at the end of there most recent Kickstarter here they are offering if you add $39 to a pledge you get a the "single play" version I wanted! They are calling it the "Single Action Play". Anyway all you have to do is pledge for $5 for one cable and add $39, and you'll be able to play any controller that you can think of on a PC, Mac, RetroPie, Android, PS3, or Original XBOX when you also order the correct $5 cable. You have to order at least one of their newer cable which is part of the Kickstarter or pledge $1 and add the $39, but there are many more cables on there website also for only $5. I highly recommend this product. Pledge soon, there in only 2 weeks left.