Splitting files across multiple disks

Started by kamiboy, February 28, 2016, 06:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamiboy

My X68000 is back in action and it is now time for me to update the files a bit sinceva lot has happened since the Baller HDD image was made. Ideally I would just pop out the old CF card and update it via a PC, but my CF solution has buried the card too deep for easy access.

My only choice is the slow floppy copy method. Does anyone know if it is possible to create a multi file archive of a folder?

You know, like zip a large folder into a series of disk sized chunks that can be copied over and unzipped into the original whole easily?

Sure would make things easier as then I could copy new games over from the new HDD images using an emulator and a bunch of floppies.

SuperDeadite

Screw that, just pickup a SCSI CD-ROM drive and burn some CD-Rs. 

kamiboy

Well, if I wanted to go with a solution that cost more than the round sum of 0 I have a few options available to me.

But I want the clunky, gratis solution for now.

eidis

Hi Kamiboy!

Use "A:\BIN\COPY2.X" from the HDD V4 image. The program is translated to English.

Keep the scene alive!
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

kamiboy

Bwahaha, a smidgen too late old boy. I wrote my own file spilt/merge tool last night.