Expert suddenly not having 2mb?

Started by slk486, February 20, 2016, 03:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slk486

Hi guys,

Yesterday my Final Fight was suddenly refusing to boot and shows a message which seems to translate into "can't allocate memory". I was playing it earlier in the day. My Rygar is also displaying the "requires 2mb" error message on bootup.

Just took the motherboard out and it looks completely mint with no leaks from any caps.

Unfortunately I never had a system disc for it.
Any ideas?

famiac

Maybe your SRAM battery is out.

Check your ram settings in switch.x. They're not automatically set

slk486

I don't have a system disk, so can't check switch.x.

Sounds like it could very well be the issue, though. Any pointers to the location of the sram battery?

slk486

Anyone able to make me a system floppy, so I can run switch.x?

kamiboy

People who cannot write their own floppies should invest in an official system disk suit as was included with each system sold. You see them for sale on yahoo auctions and I believe you are not a stranger to proxy bidding.

Pinwizkid

Quote from: slk486 on February 23, 2016, 07:35:09 PM
Anyone able to make me a system floppy, so I can run switch.x?

This right here was the biggest hurdle in getting my X68000 running initially. I went through 5 different 5.25 floppy drives (one of which was never even taken out of its original box), connected them to 4 different Windows PCs all running different operating systems (95, 98, Me, and XP) and could not get any of them to write a disk using either xfloppy or omniflop. It was dreadful. Eventually I gave up and reached out to the guy that sold me my X68K and he made me a disk. Had everything running in literally 2 minutes after getting it.

Anyone out there with a working method to produce 5.25 floppies should just start mass producing system disks because I am convinced every 5.25 drive out there in the world will break / is cursed  :o

slk486

Quote from: kamiboy on February 23, 2016, 08:01:32 PM
People who cannot write their own floppies should invest in an official system disk suit as was included with each system sold. You see them for sale on yahoo auctions and I believe you are not a stranger to proxy bidding.

Yes, I have been looking for quite a while now, but no luck so far.

kamiboy

You are not looking hard enough.

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t465670577

They show up all the time, and hey this one is the full suit, so you even get a Gradius disk.

Winning!