Looks like the Japanese have made a Compact ram upgrade kit

Started by kamiboy, February 14, 2016, 12:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamiboy

Lookie here:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/213632293

Pretty affordable if you ask me. Well, I mean, everything is relative, and Japanese vintage PC's are a high baller hobby to begin with. Well, they weren't to begin with, but they certainly have become so in the last 3 years or so.

Get them while they are hot!

corpsicle

Wow cool!

Anyone interested in buying a few, assembling then and selling at a (small?) profit?

kamiboy

jtucci31

My XVI currently only has 2mb of ram, so I may jump on this. That price seems pretty reasonable I think, but I may have to go for the pre-soldered one since I haven't quite learned that skill just yet.

Thanks for linking this! :)

Quote from: corpsicle on February 14, 2016, 02:25:43 AM
Wow cool!

Anyone interested in buying a few, assembling then and selling at a (small?) profit?
Though if someone would be willing to do this I'd be in for it

kamiboy

SuperDeadite

Quote from: jtucci31 on February 14, 2016, 06:07:40 AM
My XVI currently only has 2mb of ram, so I may jump on this. That price seems pretty reasonable I think, but I may have to go for the pre-soldered one since I haven't quite learned that skill just yet.

Wow cool!

This will only work on the Compact.  XVI internal RAM board is completely different.

jtucci31

Quote from: SuperDeadite on February 14, 2016, 10:24:32 AM
Quote from: jtucci31 on February 14, 2016, 06:07:40 AM

Wow cool!

This will only work on the Compact.  XVI internal RAM board is completely different.
BlueBMW just explained all that to me, my bad :) lol

corpsicle

Ok who was it!!?? Who bought that assembled one?? *cry*