Cap chart for X68000 monitors

Started by kamiboy, January 25, 2016, 02:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamiboy

Finally time to recap that CZ-602D monitor that I've got. I am thinking that since these machines have a pretty large enthusiast following in Japan there might exist an online capacitor chart/list for these monitors.

I really do not fancy pulling out the innards and going exploring in this thing with a magnifying glass. So buying the correct caps before I even begin would be ideal.

Anyone privy to a source for said information?

famiac

I think you might just have to go ahead and dive in.

I'm going to need to recap my monitor as well. Does yours whine at low frequencies?

kamiboy

No, the brightness fluctuates at random intervals. I was kind of hoping it was loose connections in the cable, but the cable seems fine after inspection. The nightmare scenario is that it is actually a fault with my fully recapped Compact.

The monitor needs to be recapped for future proofing anyway, so at least this way I can take it out of the equation.

Pinwizkid

I searched and searched, but this does not seem to be out there. If you make a cap list and take a good photo of the chassis board, I'd be happy to work with you to make a diagram in Photoshop.

kamiboy

Still haven't decided how I am going to go about it. Best thing would be to take pictures of each board, print them out, then on each one ai remove mark values on the picture with a pen.

I don't have a printer though, and doing it on a PC is too time consuming. I'll report back once I get started.

Pinwizkid

Related question: What do the center 3 adjustment knobs on your monitor do? I have the same model as you (CZ-602D) and these 3 knobs do nothing on my monitor. I suspect they are broken, as the rest of the knobs and buttons all have effects on the picture, except for a few of the buttons on the top right that I believe are used to control video playback.

kamiboy

No idea, I haven't turned on my monitor for over a year for fear of it breaking. I think I remember not all knobs working on mine either. I doubt your monitor is broken, those might control things only in certain video modes, such as 31khz, 24khz or they might be related to the TV input, or composite input.