Controller/Joystick of choice

Started by jtucci31, November 01, 2015, 05:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtucci31

I just recently started getting into x68k and have been loving every second of it. Been browsing the x68k sections here and reading up on lots of cool stuff.

That being said, so far my setup has me using a PC Engine controller converted to work, and it works great only the start and select aren't wired to work. I'm also currently lacking a keyboard, so that brings up some other problems. Either way, I'm still able to get going on lots of great stuff and I already love the PCE controller, so I can't complain.

My question is: what do you prefer to play your games with? X68k-specific pad? FM Towns pad? xe-1 stick? Cyber stick (for those certain games)? Modded Genesis controller? Others?

Would appreciate some other opinions. Happy to be here.

kamiboy

For platformers like Akumajo I prefer a good joypad. I have a Marty currently, but would love a MSX Joycard with turbo buttons.

For arcade ports I use a Micomsoft ST2 stick. Prolly the best available for the system, outside of something custom made.

skpstmgs

I use one of these PSX2MSX converters with a DualShock 1. It's made for the MSX, but the wiring is identical for the X68000 controllers.
http://www.msxcalamar.com/catalog/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product
Best part is you can use the analog stick on your PS1/PS2 controller to emulate dpad inputs. It also has turbo buttons built in. No discernible input lag from what I can tell.

Pinwizkid

I use a Hudson Soft Super X Joycard for player 1 and a modified Sega Genesis controller for player 2. There are actually quite a few 3rd party controllers for X68K out there it seems.

PepAlacant

I use modified SEGA Megadrive Pad and 6 button Megadrive Pad through CAPCOM adapter.

jtucci31

Quote from: skpstmgs on November 02, 2015, 02:45:01 PM
I use one of these PSX2MSX converters with a DualShock 1. It's made for the MSX, but the wiring is identical for the X68000 controllers.
http://www.msxcalamar.com/catalog/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product
Best part is you can use the analog stick on your PS1/PS2 controller to emulate dpad inputs. It also has turbo buttons built in. No discernible input lag from what I can tell.
Cool I didn't know this existed, thanks! I have a ps2 controller converter for my CMVS. If I get this I can buy some decent ps2 stick and then use if for 68k, that's not a bad idea.