WTB Sharp X1 keyboard (black)

Started by amigo-mexicano, October 05, 2015, 04:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigo-mexicano

Hello people!

I am looking to buy one black Sharp X1 keyboard, at a normal-decent-notebay price.

BTW, how many games need the keyboard on X1? It is needed to load the games, or they auto boot like on X68k?

Thanks in advance!  8)
From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com

famiac

Afaik the X1 needs a keyboard to tell it what device to boot from. So yeah i think it's required

amigo-mexicano

Thanks for the quick reply. Then yes, I need one. Been looking for a couple of days on yjapan, still no luck...

famiac

The x1 stuff takes forever to pop up :/

The tape drive on my CZ-801C died, so i'm waiting for another pc to pop up, as i don't know how i could fix the drive.

Just stay determined and eventually you'll find one.

Also, as an alternative, you can buy a USB to X1 adapter from the classic pc rescue committee. I'm not sure if you prefer original hardware though.

amigo-mexicano

The adapter looks promising, maybe using it while I get the keyboard I want. Thanks for the info!

Opethian

Disk games auto boot
I only have one game that needs a keyboard and that's Valis to swap disks. I think Brain Breaker needs a keyboard to play though

famiac

Hmm yeah good point. My memory might be failing me. My tape drive has been broken for a while.

amigo-mexicano

The only game I have is in fact Valis, haha so it's meant to be that I need a keyboard...

Quote from: Opethian on October 05, 2015, 11:13:29 PM
Disk games auto boot
I only have one game that needs a keyboard and that's Valis to swap disks. I think Brain Breaker needs a keyboard to play though

Opethian

or get a 2nd disk drive

might actually be cheaper as a working X1 keyboard will set you back over $100

amigo-mexicano

Ok, about the disk drive, can I use a regular 5 1/4 720k drive? Or it has to be sharp brand, has any special connector, etc..?

Opethian

well the first question you should ask yourself is do you have a cable? the X1 motherboard usually only has one FDD header so if your cables doesn't have 2 (shugart?) ends it wont even work.  id get one the same pinout as your current drive. I assume sharp made their own FDDs for all the systems.