Snes or Genesis to Arcade Monitor is it worth it?

Started by Zaid, September 18, 2015, 11:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaid

New guy here and this has been racking in my head for the last couple days. Is it worth it or waaaay to much trouble to hook up either of those systems to a arcade monitor or should I continue my search for a Sony PVM.

Thanks.

NFG

In my experience arcade monitors are durable and tolerant of a lot of signals, but the quality on a proper monitor - especially a Trinitron tube like most PVMs use - is far better.  I used to get better results from S-video on my JVC TV than RGB on several arcade monitors.

Zaid

Yeah Ive also been looking for a 22" to 25" Sony Trinitron with Component so I can hook up my ps2 and Wii, so that was something I was always wondering too. Kinda sucks though cause these particular sizes are kind of hard to find. I can find the 32" to 37" everywhere but sadly I dont have the room. How good are the JVCs you mentioned compared to the sonys? On a side note I stumbled arcross this
Viletim Scart to Jamma

Could something like this just work as a way to just show video on the arcade cabinet?
Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

NFG

Haha, I sure wish I could find a nice 37" trinitron.   I've always been a fan of JVC gear, they seemed to really deliver a quality product with a lot of bang for the buck.  My JVC amp, CD changer, TV, car amplifier and basically everything were always good to me.  Compared to Sony TVs?  Hard to say.  I don't know that I have any useful advice there.

Viletim knows his stuff.  I'm sure it's a wonderful board.

Zaid

lol  your more than welcome to come down here to south florida and take them lol, yeah this tv is proving to be as elusive as a pvm lol. Ill have to look into the JVCs then incase I don't find a sony.  Cool so the Viletim adapter could be a viable option. Thanks a ton so far, youve been really helpful and awesome!