News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Street Fighter 2 31khz

Started by wildo2ne, August 23, 2014, 04:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildo2ne

Anyone know how to get SF2 into 31khz mode? when it loads all I get is unsupported resolution

eidis

Hi Wildo2ne !

Unlike SSF2, the CRT mode of SF2 can only be changed from within the game.

Wait until you hear the intro sound and then press A, DOWN, A, DOWN, RIGHT. This will get the game into 31kHz mode.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

wildo2ne

Thank y ou Eidis finally got it working, two more questions though. For the 6 button mod does it have to be done on the controller itself? when I first set everything up I built adapters and according to a fluke everything matches properly but when I try to play in 6 button mode I have no kick and my guy walks to the right only recognizing punch and up and down.

Second question is there a set of disk images for Super Street Fighter or is that a hard drive only image?

wildo2ne

sorry about the controller question did not realize that sf2 defaults to 2 button mode

eidis

Hi Wildo2ne !

There is a floppy version of SSF2, unfortunately it is not in the latest TOSEC.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

Opethian

they system disk cannot be properly dumped

eidis

Hi Opethian !

That is not a problem. Someone can file-copy the system disk and replace the main executable with already cracked which is in the HDD image.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

Opethian

yes but that is useless if you want to play from FDDs (lots of swapping let me tell you)

sakaiza91

Quote from: wildo2ne on August 23, 2014, 05:27:35 PM
Second question is there a set of disk images for Super Street Fighter or is that a hard drive only image?
here is the set of disk images I was using until I get my original copy fichier rar: Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers.rar

eidis

Hi Opethian and Sakaiza91 !

Opethian,

It is from the department of "because we can". Anyone who has owned an Amiga500 or 600 will be used to hardcore DJ'ing.

Sakaiza91 !

Thank you very much for the link. It has been mirrored to http://nfggames.com/x68000/Games/Misc/super-street-fighter-ii-the-new-challengers.zip in case anyone else needs it.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

H68k

OR... if your running an emulator, you can CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! and play the "virtual floppy shuffle" !

SuperDeadite

Super SFII will happily use as much RAM as you have.  If you have enough RAM you can in fact load the entire game upon boot.  It will just keep asking you to insert disks until it uses all the RAM you have.  Pain to boot up, but once your in, swap free even without an HDD.

pjay

Thanks for Super Street Fighter II in XDF format, I've been looking for a properly working version of this game for years. :D