Help: lost switch for Sega Saturn shoulder button

Started by micro, January 02, 2014, 01:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micro

I've disassembled a Saturn controller and had all the parts lying on my table. Now suddenly a shoulder button switch is missing!  :'(

I've searched high and low but the lost switch can't be found... I know my request probably is futile, but does anyone happen to have a spare switch (or a broken Saturn controller) which he can offer to me?

It seems these kind of "clicky" switches aren't produced any longer, at least I haven't found a source yet. The Saturn controllers for PS2 and USB-PC released years after Saturn's demise used more common tact switches that got a different foot print and length. So these switches won't work...

RDC

You can use the 6mm x 6mm x 5.85mm sized Right Angle Tact switch.

It will not have the exact same feel to it, as those original Tact switches in there have good deal of play and feel softer versus the newer type, so I'd replace them both with new ones if you wanted to use them.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

micro

That's great! Thanks alot, RDC!  ;D
I didn't belive this type of switch would fit but it really does (after some bending and wiggling).

I'll use them for sure if I can't find an original one...

EDIT: I just opened the closet to get my dremel out. The first thing I saw was the missing Saturn tact switch sitting on the shelf. I don't know how it got there, I don't know how long it was on the shelf. I'm just happy that we're reunited at last.  ;D